Ban Horse Fighting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does it matter WHERE cruelty is taking place? If it's an animal, and it is being mistreated....................... then the cruelty should STOP! Just because it doesn't live in Australia doesn't mean it feels any less, or is any the more important.

As Mrmikk said, what hope is there for the animals over here anyway, when you all can't even be bothered signing just a petition online??????? Even if it's said they are useless, it at least its SOMETHING, and there is SOME hope it may do good!

I couldn't agree more!!!!!!

Humans.....never cease to amaze me....what will they not stop at :evil::evil:

E-petitions are the latest manifestation of slactivism, the search for the ultimate feel-good that derives from having come to society's rescue without having had to actually get one's hands dirty or open one's wallet.

From snopes.com. Couldn't have said it better myself. If you want to make a difference, go volunteer for the RSPCA. If you want to help the horses in the Phillipines, go there and do something about it. I can guarantee there are people on the ground in Manila who could use your help. Spouting off about "This sick Phillipino practise" accomplishes precisely jack squat aside from marginalising yet another developing country's passtimes (no i am not saying I condone it, if the Phillipinos have a problem with it, they will deal with it accordingly).

Notechistiger's post is the most sensible one in this whole thread, need help? Here, a few things you can do to truly make a difference:
-Volunteer for RSPCA
-Join Big Brothers/Big Sisters (believe me, a parentless kid would love to have a herp keeper in their life!)
-Concentrate real hard on offering the Aboriginal community sincere understanding. (Being a dark skinned immigrant here myself, some of the things people say here turn my lovely golden complexion blood red!)
-Build some 'Habitats for Humanity'. (I have done this one, very rewarding)
-Volunteer for Amnesty International, they actually do something for the world, not just you back yard.

It can't hurt to sign it and its not just about the petition its about people actually knowing whats happening i for one have never heard of horse fighting. What animal fighting do aussies bet on? I am sure there is dog fighting and stuff like that but if you don't know about it how can you help?
And as for volunteering at the rspca you don't just go to the door and say hey i want to help you have to be one of the lucky ones that they choose. Not everyone has the time and money to do things like this aswell. I have never seen any animal fighting here in australia but im sure there is but if you don't know about it you can't do something to help.
If everyone does what they can even if its not much it still helps.
How many people who read this told someone else who will tell another and so on telling people what they are doing is useless definatley does not help anyones cause. Read the below this will never happen in Australia

though horse-fighting is illegal in the Philippines, corruption and lack of enforcement ensure that the tournaments continue - and with apparent official sanction.Matches are featured on TV, and local businesses sponsor horses and tournaments. Local authorities offer prize money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back