Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sxereturn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
...on Herp Shop right now. Cheap, too. Waaaay too much trouble for my liking but hey..something different.

Yeah, blind snakes. You'd have to either go around knocking apart termite mounds or put up with force feeding...

Yeah, as is all Australian wildlife (I think?). But life feeds on life...

sxereturn said:
Yeah, as is all Australian wildlife (I think?). But life feeds on life...

I wonder how people can keep them then? They are a spectacular looking animal and very desirable, but even when we are banned from feeding live rats and mice of all things, how can they supply these bandys with blind snakes. The whole thing smells of red tape - big time!!!

Read the ad - if natural diet can't be supplied they can be force feed, I suspect on small mice.

moosenoose said:
yeah, I read that part. I've been trying to get my snake to eat fish and chips, but I suspect it's not what it lives on - get my point.

Lots of captive snakes don't eat what they would in the wild. How many Black Headed Pythons get fed snakes or lizards every fortnight?

sxereturn said:
moosenoose said:
yeah, I read that part. I've been trying to get my snake to eat fish and chips, but I suspect it's not what it lives on - get my point.

Lots of captive snakes don't eat what they would in the wild. How many Black Headed Pythons get fed snakes or lizards every fortnight?

I know what your saying, but when I see
they feed soley on blind snakes
I wouldn't say that is the same thing. I'm not pretending I know what BHP's soley feed on in the wild (I don't know!), but are you telling me they only eat other reptiles??

ive had these guys before mine fed on rat tails and pinkies they sometimes ate by themselves but mostly i just put the tip of the tail in its mouth and they do the rest themselves. they are mad little critters.

brunzwik said:
ive had these guys before mine fed on rat tails and pinkies they sometimes ate by themselves but mostly i just put the tip of the tail in its mouth and they do the rest themselves. they are mad little critters.

What is their temperment like Brunzwik? How posionous are they - can you compare their toxticity to another species as an idicator for me (red belly black ??). I think Sxereturn thought I was being a smartar*e, but I wasn't! I don't know anything much about Bandy Bandy's, let alone their dietry habits. I'm honesty wondering what the longevity is for these snakes when raised in captivity, and being feed anything other than their main diet (which I find amazing by the way!) I suppose they are like the kingsnakes which main diet is other snakes ( I don't know what keepers of kingsnakes use as suppliment food (if any). You can probably get packets of frozen snakes as snake food over in the States LOL).

Lol jimmy. Mate you should pm this funny stuff really, people get a bit p*ssed when private stand up routines are posted mid thread. :D speaking of difficult diets, Id love to keep thorny devils. I suppose herp parks must keep ant colonys to keep em fed. be damn difficult. shame really cause i think theyare the most awesome dinosaur lookin lizards of all.

moosenoose said:
brunzwik said:

What is their temperment like Brunzwik? How posionous are they - can you compare their toxticity to another species as an idicator for me (red belly black ??). I think Sxereturn thought I was being a smartar*e, but I wasn't! I don't know anything much about Bandy Bandy's, let alone their dietry habits. I'm honesty wondering what the longevity is for these snakes when raised in captivity, and being feed anything other than their main diet (which I find amazing by the way!) I suppose they are like the kingsnakes which main diet is other snakes ( I don't know what keepers of kingsnakes use as suppliment food (if any). You can probably get packets of frozen snakes as snake food over in the States LOL).

http://www.jcu.edu.au/school/tbiol/zoology/herp/Vermicellaannulata.PDF

http://www.wildlifemountain.com/Bandy-bandy.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back