Barkley adder likely RI

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

percey39

Reaction score
Hi guy's i have already made a vet appointment for this afternoon but have some questions i need to ask.
The adder has over the last 2 days started to have more flem in his mouth and makes a slight wheezing sound so i am certain its an RI, but the temps are perfect and he has not been in high humidity either. I have no idea how this has happened and im quite shocked to have seen it progress like this in a couple of days. I am wondering if anyone else has ever come across a situation like this before?
Also he was shedding early this morning and i had to help the little guy out of his old skin. The sounds have persisted and the nose plugs are definetely out as i made sure while i was helping him out of the rest of the skin and checked the head for caps and plugs. Both were there in the old skin.
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Just gave him his first injection, but still cant figure out how he got an RI. Temps are 34 hot end and 25 cool end.

Last edited:
A few people have had the same thing happen. Freeze it.

Hmm dunno what to make of that post mate? What do you mean freeze it, he is in perfect health bar the RI obviously. It just seems strange to have developed so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back