Bashing in Melbourne

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
look at all those useless people standing there. someone should steped in big time. none of this putting his hand on his shoulder and talking. people are useless and stupid

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats what males between the ages of 17-30 do.
Go out, get drunk, maybe take some drugs, try to get laid and if that fails start a scrap.
All young blokes think they have something to prove, this is far from an isolated incidence. It happens nightly all over the country. And all of us males have been involved in someway or another (as a victim or a victimiser). It's all in good fun till they mess with someone that takes life lightly and who is not afraid to spill blood regardless of witnesses. Then its just a big mistake. I think we should be given the right to bare arms. Then its just a case of he who has the most ammo wins.

Notice how everyone else just stood around & watched it happen...

In my opinion...that is just as bad as the people who actually bashed the poor bloke!

There were only 3 offenders

& look at how many other people there were just standing around

watching this young man get attacked!

Typical young idiots using psychical aggression to solve a problem

I can't stand people like that! I hope they are caught & dealt with severely!

i was watching this story on the news last night, they showed the footage and i just couldn't help thinking WHY did those people just stand around. especially the ones behind the counter, couldn't they just call the police?

y didnt anyone else try to break it up

If you do try stop it as one of the did then your very likely to be the next poor sod getting his face kicked in ....

I have stepped into a few fights like that to break them up , but now i have a family i would think twice , if i did know any of them .

Who's to say the guy getting a belting was not out last week end with 3 or 4 of his mates doing the belting .

Would depend on the situation and circumstances. ive jumped in for a guy beating on a chick and copped a few stitches although he came off second best. Im pretty unfit at the moment so im unsure if i would jump in for a gangbashing but when i was 12-15 i did alot of boxing. Also i wouldn't want to be prosecuted that would be in the back of my mind ...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i know im going to get heaps off every 1

BUT the teen agers these days carry on like that,thay run in packs and when some 1 gets there hands on 1 of these smart????? thay cry ive been beet up
up hear in brisbane things r pretty calm
but i know 4 a fact the teenagers in the southen states r very lippy

if the young bloke is telling the truth i feel 4 him

A lot of 'kids' are lippy, doesnt mean they should be beaten to a pulp.

Fists solve absolutley nothing but the ego of the people involved.

I had a male friend who stepped in when a guy was pushing around his girlfriend, my friend ended up beaten (he was by no means a small guy) but when they pulled a club lock he had no way of defending himself.

Even if bystanders called the police (which im sure staff would have) they wouldnt have been there in time to stop it happening anyway.

Alcohol, Drugs, and Egos !!

Oh and total idiots, just as they say keep the street racing and drifting to the track, keep your fists for in the ring !

thats stupid!!!! there was tonnes of people there!...enough to restrain the blokes that were bashing that poor fella!!!! they either just held the dudes shirt or just stood and watched!!!! that really makes me angry!!

BUT the teen agers these days carry on like that,thay run in packs and when some 1 gets there hands on 1 of these smart????? thay cry ive been beet up

There isn't really all that many of us who are "lippy", most of the time me and my mates have no problems when we are out. most of the "lippy" people are tradies in there late 20s although i know im generalizing.

a few druggies started on my friend when we were out after school one day. absolutely no provocation, we were just sitting around in the park with ice creams. me and a my mate jumped in when they started on my other friend, and it wasn't good. I wouldn't jump in again unless it was a really close mate or i knew i'd actually be able to do something.

but absolutely disgusting. that big guy just kept going...

Remember in Melbourne a bloke tried to stop this other bloke bashing this women???

He got shot dead for his trouble.
I can understand why people won't get involved.

I am sure that I heard that these blokes have been caught.

yes the teenagers r very lippy in the south.
i have a friend, that was basically pushed of his bike, and he had 3 other friends there, me and 2 others, and the other guy had 1 16 yr and 1 of the toher guys ran over 2 step in incase the 16 yo stepped in, but thankfully the guy that was pushed of his bike thought it was funny, and would do it again if it didn't hurt. but i wouldnn't like 2 think about what the guy that pushed the guy of his bike would be look like, coz the 2 others are pretty big, but there nice guys, so yeah, some attitudes round the south.

the people in the vid watching seemed to be enjoying it. i know that i couldn't live with myself if i was there and new that this guys life has been screwed coz i was 2 scared about consicuinces(sp?) but saying that, i would only do it if some1 had my back, or they were smaller then me.

Will

yes these guys 'handed' them selves in and are now in jail, i can tell ya a lot of prisoners sit round watchen tv all day, i think these 3 will get a 'warm' welcome when they get to there pods.. they even named them on the news last nite...

yes these guys 'handed' them selves in and are now in jail, i can tell ya a lot of prisoners sit round watchen tv all day, i think these 3 will get a 'warm' welcome when they get to there pods.. they even named them on the news last nite...

They never harmed a women or a child so why would they be worried?
They will be perfectly fine & fit in well with the rest of the wanna be thugs that reside in our jails these days. The old school hardened crim days are long gone and our jails are now full of dogs, pedos & junkies with the odd staunch person.

Being a NSW boy yourself I think you maybe referring to MRRC remand centre having pods or TV access 24/7. Otherwise in a jail your in a wing and locked out in a yard all day with no access to your cell or TV. No idea what remand in VIC is like but I highly doubt anyone on remand or in mainstream would be pacing their cell just itching to get their hands on them.

you are lucky Mr Happy that in the cases where you jumped in one or more of the offenders werent armed with a knife. In a case like that you wouldnt be much help. just make more work for the paramedics and take up another hospital bed. QUOTE]

I have taken a pool cue off a guy in a fight with another guy and I guess there was then no work for the paramedics and no hospital bed taken up because of it. Two weeks ago I stepped in and took a timber oar off a guy who was going to hit another guy with it. Again I think I saved someone from serious injury. I've also stepped in to stop a group bashing one guy. Some of them turned on me and I came out with a different looking face. But the 'pack' was split and the other guy was then able to defend himself a bit more. He was grateful that I came to help - he admits he wouldn't have come out of it as well as he did. What sucks is there were at least twenty people watching.
I guess I step in because I feel I can look after myself to a degree.
When something like this happens in front of me I feel I need to help.

you are lucky Mr Happy that in the cases where you jumped in one or more of the offenders werent armed with a knife. In a case like that you wouldnt be much help. just make more work for the paramedics and take up another hospital bed. QUOTE]

I have taken a pool cue off a guy in a fight with another guy and I guess there was then no work for the paramedics and no hospital bed taken up because of it. Two weeks ago I stepped in and took a timber oar off a guy who was going to hit another guy with it. Again I think I saved someone from serious injury. I've also stepped in to stop a group bashing one guy. Some of them turned on me and I came out with a different looking face. But the 'pack' was split and the other guy was then able to defend himself a bit more. He was grateful that I came to help - he admits he wouldn't have come out of it as well as he did. What sucks is there were at least twenty people watching.
I guess I step in because I feel I can look after myself to a degree.
When something like this happens in front of me I feel I need to help.
Had a similar situation a couple of years back. In a crowded pub got jumped by 8!!!!!!hand jobs, and if it wasn't for a big Maori bouncer, standing back to back with me, it would have gone very bad indeed. No help from the onlookers...one even said to me, I didn't jump in mate cos I didn' t know Who was a goody and who was a baddy....:shock::lol:

Nah, you've missed the point entirely. What I was suggesting was that this only makes news because people are hungry for it, technology now provides it and then we have to be told that the victim was a worthy person as he played state footy, gentle soul etc etc. What's the point?

What if the bloke had been homeless? Would that then mean he was somehow deserving??
It's bollocks.

As for your bit about judging? C'mon, you're a similar age to me. You've probably been round the block a few times. I've seen this kinda stuff in England, Canowindra NSW and on the Goldy amongst other places. It happens.
But I'm still yet to see a 100% unprovoked incident. Not to say that it doesn't happen, but the balance of probability hangs pretty heavy in my favour I reckon.

wasn't going to say anything until I read the last sentence in the quote but believe me it does happen and did to me
back in my younger days when we had 'rockies' and 'surfies' (yeh giving my age away there) I went to Manly beach (NSW) at the end of my final year at school with my 'girlfriend'
on the way back to the beach after getting something for lunch my girlfriend and I were giggling about the boy from school that we had bumped into when out of the blue we were surrounded by a mob of (about 30) 'rockies' who thought I, with my blonded hair, was a 'surfie'. It appears this group had previously arranged to meet at Manly beach (NSW) and 'have it out'
this rough group wore thick ripple soled footwear and after hitting and punching me knocked me to the ground and started kicking giving me a black eye in the process - we were all females and get this we had a very large audience of men, women and children of all ages who stood around watching like it was a side-show
I did not provoke them and I knew there were too many to try to defend myself and besides I was in shock at what was going on
they didn't appear to be 'going' my girlfriend - maybe because she had dark brown hair but just as quick as they appeared they took off when they spotted an older guy kick of his thongs and start running towards us
he turned out to be a retired policeman who looked after us after the incident by taking us to the local police station after we had gathered our belongings etc
bottom line: nothing takes away the trauma and in my case - suppose this sounds silly after all these years - but my girlfriend's mother wouldn't allow her to have anything to do with me after that...
wow - I wonder if anyone is going to bother reading all that

Solving your problems through violence, how very mature of them.

Somebody should have stepped in, sure if there were 3 people bashing a guy, there would be enough people around them in a restraunt to step in and take the offenders down.

I'm only a young person but even I would have stepped in the stop such a horrible injustice.
I heard that someone got killed for stepping in, but a very old saying which one of my cousins said to me once, whom I called a weirdo afterwards (I understand now though)...

"Brave people may not live forever, but cowards don't live at all"

Hope those feeble-minded baffoons get caught :evil: or they will suffer the wrath of rs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back