basking spot for Bredli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Reaction score
Hi,

I have 2 female Bredli (Lu Lu & Lola) aged almost 2 years. I am moving them into their final encs (1200X450X500) I will be using ceramic heat and a uv globe a few hours a day( When they are not taken outside into the sub).

Anyway I just read the thread on basking spots. I have never heard or seen of this with Bredli can you explain this methon and possibly send some pics so I can change the new encs before I put them in.

Any advice and pis are appreciated.

Cheers

Adrian.

Yes I know I read it which led to my question. If anybody keeps Bredli and uses a spot or any other system could you please let me give me some advice.

cheers

Hi Adrian,

I'm not completely sure what you're asking? But if you have the temperature underneath your ceramic heat emitter (the 'basking spot') set to about 32-33 degrees you can't go wrong. If you were to have it any hotter you may struggle to keep the temps on your cool side down to about 25-26 degrees.

Cheers

Brendon

The basking spot is simply a reference to the warmest part in the cage where the snake can get to. This is usually a branch, shelf, rock or the floor directly underneath the heat source.

Hi,

Thanks Mr Bredli I thought that it might have been a basking spot like an alternative heat/light spot in the enc. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Also what about the UV bulb I have planned to fit, is it a good odea or not. I try to get them out into the sun on hot days but here in the Blue Mountains they are few and far between.

Cheers

They don't need UV but it is not going to hurt them if you choose to put it in. It is completely up to you.

They don't need UV but it is not going to hurt them if you choose to put it in. It is completely up to you.

Agreed. Up to you but they don't really need it. You could go a normal tube to give them a day- night cycle if you want but UV is completely optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back