Bathing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

codeth

Reaction score
Just wondering, my 6ft coastal lays curled up in hiss water bowl a day or 2 a week, is this normal , i had a look it doesnt look as if he has mites, so i just wanna no if thats just what some do?

thanks

Mine has never gotten in his water bowl but i have heard of some snakes that just love being in their water bawl without having mites or anything to worry about. He probbaly just loves the water. I wouldn't worry about it

Sometimes to get rid of mites , sometimes before a shed and sometimes just because they like it . I know I like a swim .

Last edited:
hot end is 30 , cool end is 27 , he spends alot of time in his hide box, only comes out of a morning for a drink or to eat, then goes and sits in his bowl for a few hours

My Bredli does it every morning when the lights turn on. Spends about 5 minutes in the bowl then slowly makes his way up to his hide.

Attachments

• P1000105.JPG
    P1000105.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 64
very normal. this is one of mine that has been soaking for 8 years

Attachments

• hd.jpg
    hd.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 58
yeah ours spend a lot of time in there water to. We were a bit worried about it at first to but with heaps of great advise from this forum We soon relised there was nothing to worry about.Just make sure there bath is nice a big so u dont end up with water everywhere lol

I have never seen my bredli drink or go in her bath but it sounds like fun to watch.

my female stimson goes in the bowl occasionally but i was wondering how long can they hold their breath coz mine will stay under for like 5 or 10 mins before going back to hide and doesnt come up for breath. not that i sat amd watched her the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back