be careful when using a chainsaw I wasn't

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phatty

Reaction score
cut a bit above me knee today i though it would hurt more but i have had paper cuts hurt more than this.
i am not aloud to bend me knee for about a week got the missus runing around doing every thing for me :)
bub i need a drink bub can you get the lap top bub i need some lunch bub need another drink. might see how long i can play on it :evil::lol:
480732_10152348327440585_1310153785_n.jpg

Yuk, I'm always scared when I am cutting wood but my saw is Lot lighter than husbands big 30 yr old tanker. I hope it heals quickly and before mrs trades you in. Lol

Last edited:
i dont know about the tendons but i can move me toe so must be all good

nar the missus wont trade me i will be trading her for a late model with turbo ;)
i think she is loving it hahah

funny thing is we both have first aid but i was the one telling her not to stress out hahah and she didn't tell me she was a first aider

You going to be sewn up?
Hey you can tell everyone a croc grabbed you : )

cut a bit above me knee today i though it would hurt more but i have had paper cuts hurt more than this.
i am not aloud to bend me knee for about a week got the missus runing around doing every thing for me :)
bub i need a drink bub can you get the lap top bub i need some lunch bub need another drink. might see how long i can play on it :evil::lol:
480732_10152348327440585_1310153785_n.jpg

It looks like its needs a few stitches to me.

yea got 5 stitches and antibiotics
already got me story lined up Daryln goes something like this well i was bush walking around darwin city when i seen a wallaby though i would give it a ride to woolies had to dodge a few brown snakes and crocs through the main steet but then out of nowhere a drop bear got me
dont know where he came from but we struggled for about half an hour tore a chunk out of me leg but you should see him hahah

yea got 5 stitches and antibiotics
already got me story lined up Daryln goes something like this well i was bush walking around darwin city when i seen a wallaby though i would give it a ride to woolies had to dodge a few brown snakes and crocs through the main steet but then out of nowhere a drop bear got me
dont know where he came from but we struggled for about half an hour tore a chunk out of me leg but you should see him hahah

Ho ho ho! (notice the Christmas joviality) :)

Looks nasty but you're pretty lucky to have come off so lightly. Enjoy being pampered while you can!

och, that must of hurt. looks nasty.

the kid down the road was mowing and the mower got caught on a branch, he pulled it out and dropped the mower while still running on his foot. he had 2 toes completly cut off. 3 months later he still has not regained full function of his toes, doctors managed to stitch them back on.

Was helping old man cut logs for firewood quite a few years ago and we were on a large pile of felled gum trees when he suddenly jumped back and swore, thought he had disturbed a large brownie but turned out the chainsaw had jagged a 1 inch branch that he'd trimmed before and the sharp edge whipped around and caught him on the upper thigh, a bit of first aid, a trip to the local medical centre (30 min drive) and 28 stitches later he was fine. Moral of the story- wear all the safety crap they recommend, if he had got his artery he probably would have bled out as we didn't have a first aid kit in the ute as we had just got a new ute and hadn't fitted it out fully.

looks like you came off lucky , ive got a mate who constantly trys to start his chain saw whilst holding it , instead of sitting it on the ground and putting his foot through the back handle and then he comes and asks me to borrow my quick cut , then gets offended when i tell him no on the grounds that his an idiot with tools and could seriously hurt himself :rolleyes:

i like the way people thought you hadn't gone to a doc yet , who do they think told you not to bend your knee for a week ;)

Last edited:
Its probably not what you want to read but you were very lucky Iindeed. I saw a horrific accident involving a chainsaw once which really bought it home to me how dangerous they can be. When I see people using a chainsaw without the correct safety equipment it makes me extremely uneasy. I hope you are feeling OK and you have a speedy recovery.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back