Bear Grylls Man Vs Wild

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench Warmer

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey just wondering what everyones thoughts of this show is,i love it..

for those who dont know,its a show about bear grylls a survival expert.. he parachutes into the middle of no where like the desert or jungle,and his challenge is to find his way back to civilisation taking the role of a lost tourist,and all he carries with him is a knife,flint and water bottle and the clothes on his back,and a camera crew follow him with their own supplies but they aren't allowed to intefere in anyway.

man he does some awesome stuff,like building a raft getting surrounded by sharks,getting chased by bears! lol,and he got that desperate in the kimberlies in australia episode,he drank his own urine lol,ive even seen him eat maggots,he the meat of a dead zebra in the african savannah.. this guy is the man! i highly recomend this show!

i love it as well.
a few people on here get touchy about it because in one episode he kills an olive python and another a little grass snake.
but wow thats 2 snakes, hes also killed a rabbit some fish and a few yabbies in his episodes as well.

its about survival, its not ment to be harrys practice.
if people are worried about innocent animals dieing then they should concern them selves with more pressing human issues that kill hundreds of thousands of animals yearly.
i couldn't believe that some people were comparing him to steve irwin, totally different kettle of fish so to speak.

its a great show very informative, could save lives and i enjoy it.

LOVE THE SHOW!!!!!!

Bear is a bit of a hottie too...:)
The last episode that was on he ate a zebra and drank the moisture from elephant poop (ewww).
I missed the one when he was in Australia :(.

i think most of them are online, on a few tv show websites.
even youtube if you can handle watching it in a tiny little box.

haha yeah all the girls seem to like him.. you haven't missed the australia episode,its on in 2 weeks! ive already watched it on youtube,i didn't like the party where he has killed animals,in particular the olive python.. but it is no where near a big deal what one man eats for himself lol,tommorows episode should be good.. he gets dropped off in the florida everglades.

He's sssooooo cool. But nothing like Steve.. Different ballpark all together. Is he only on Foxtel or is he on regular TV too?

he's only on pay tv,i just watched the everglades episode,pretty good episode.. I learn alot from him,i cant believe anyone could compare him to steve.. they are both bush survival experts,but steve ate fish and fruit,bear eats anything.. and bears show is to educate whats possible in th extremes of survival,steve is a conservationist.. they are both action men but. i guess thats why they got compared

He does not parachute into anywhere unaided. look at what you are watching. In the first episode he was swimming down a river (with a life jacket on under his clothes..) After that I took the show with a grain of salt... I saw a spoiler online showing one of the exact places he had "navagated", then the camera pans around and shows a highway full of cars in the distance.
I think he is somewhat like jackass or Tom Green, he eats a handfull of maggots, drinks his own urine, then he probably has an assistant pass the champagne to wash out his mouth...
He might pass on some usefull info but that is all...

yeah LOVE IT!!!
i liked the one how he got dropped off at sea about 3 kms off shore and swam onto that island.

no way would i do that!

reckon hes great!

im a fan.

sometimes a little can be questioned as to how fake it is... and i think in the 2nd season he went a little over the top doing things that werent neccessary and things that your average joe cant. season 3 is heaps more realistic, taken a different angle, trying to bring into perspective that yes there are camera people there, but he can still do everything on his own. hard to discribe how i feel theyve changed it in a paragraph.

but back on track, if you skip over the fact thats hes not actualy realy stuck there alone, when he renacts survival situations and shows techniques, its amazing.

and the stuff he eats? iron stomach or what?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back