Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
chondrogreen woow... yeah...
it is a simulation of a life or death situation... and sure the things he does are for affect, but he is still able to do them... and just because he kills a snake or two doesnt mean you guys have the right to call him a phony...

or two...i think he has killed upwards of 30-50 lol

it is a simulation of a life or death situation... and sure the things he does are for affect, but he is still able to do them... and just because he kills a snake or two doesnt mean you guys have the right to call him a phony...

How is it about survival when he has a hunting knife, flint, warm clothes and a parachute...
Who is prepared when they become lost..

What about that, other then killing things how is he teaching survival with this stuff?
I would appreciate it more if he showed how to make knives, fire etc a bit more.

i assume the best because i believe he is an incredible person... which is a reasonable thing to do...
i believe in out society we are innocent until proven guilty... so why are you assuming the worst when really you have done no research and it is you that has no knowledge on this topic

'Lets crack another can of baked bean and get to the choppa, these dam mosquito's are killing me' Quoat man vs wild

Just because the Japanese kill a whale or dolphin or two, we shouldn't criticize them.
Just because people smuggle in an egg or two.
Just because the Chinese massacre and boil alive a dog or two.
Just because feral cats kill a snake or two.

Where does it end? If Bear Grylls has the right to do it, surely everyone else should.

okay ... wow...
so if you guys were in a life or death situation and the only food you might find is a snake... you would leave it because its beautiful and placid...
and it doesnt matter if he has support there, he doesnt use it... and he is illustrating a point... and yes sometimes it is uncalled for i agree.... but the majority of times it isnt...

If he was in a life & death situation, fair enough. But as others have said, he has never been in one. And I am interested to know as to how you know he doesn't use the support he has? His show is for entertainment, it is not real, I'm sorry.

okay... looks like its me against everyone lol...
trust me i dont believe everything i see... and maybe he isnt knowledgeable, but what if he is, how would you know... so dont call me ignorant for expressing my opinion...
and if you recall he was actually refering to the temperature on the ground at that point and the reference to humidity was an exaggeration... maybe you shouldnt take everything so literally ... im sure you have exaggerated for effect every once in a while ...
as for saying he is full of it... totally uncalled for... and unjustified ... you dont know him at all.. so why do you automatically asume the worst

Actually no he wasn't referring to the ground temperature at all. I remember specifically he said "It's 58 (may have been 56) degrees with 100% humidity) and didn't mention anything about the ground, I watched the episode a few days ago on youtube, the whole thing is there if you need a refresher.
Sorry for calling you ignorant, not trying to start an argument, just a friendly debate! :D

i assume the best because i believe he is an incredible person... which is a reasonable thing to do...
i believe in out society we are innocent until proven guilty... so why are you assuming the worst when really you have done no research and it is you that has no knowledge on this topic

I know that you shouldn't grab a random vine and tell people that water can be sucked from alot of plants...
I study the environment, and i know that many plants may kill you if you consume them. So telling people to drink form un Identified plants is just irresponsible

yess nit picking is the best way to prove me wrong... im sorry 30 or 40 happy now...

so when you go to outback situations you just take a shirt do you... cause im sure most people have things with them when they go into the wild... like a parachute or a knife or flint...

i know i dont know him either ... but some one has to think the best when everyone else is being negative as all hell... what is wrong with thinking he is an amazing person... really, how many of you could do what he does...

and he does show how to make fire shelter food water everything ... as well as being entertaining he is also very factual and educational....

and as for killing mammals i know of one occasion in which he has killed a wild bore on his own

I am sure he could draw us a picture and tell us how to kill the animal for survival etc but would that be enough for us really? Would that give a 100% accurate account of the situation? I quite like the fact that I am getting video footage, a real life visual of it while being taught a lesson in survival. As a hunter this stuff is fascinating & educational to me and something I am glad to learn seen as I could be lost anytime while on a trip. It will not go down well with everybody obviously but thats the nature of the beast. I have sat through videos of field dressing and learning how to skin & gut game. That IMO is no different (if not worse actually) and is apart of life for many of society, as sad as that may seem to some.

Last edited:
i love that show my fave show :p
jeez u guys always pick out negatives dont you, wheres the positives ?
im sure if we didnt like reptiles we wouldnt be complaining,
as said he may not be in a life & death situation but hes tryin to show youwhat to do if you were alone in that jungle, desert etc and you are in a life or death situation
if you were out in the jungle and are starving to death and there is a lizard infront of you, would you let it be because it i s cruel to kill it
i agree it is a bit cruel but its informative

okay... looks like its me against everyone lol...
trust me i dont believe everything i see... and maybe he isnt knowledgeable, but what if he is, how would you know... so dont call me ignorant for expressing my opinion...
and if you recall he was actually refering to the temperature on the ground at that point and the reference to humidity was an exaggeration... maybe you shouldnt take everything so literally ... im sure you have exaggerated for effect every once in a while ...
as for saying he is full of it... totally uncalled for... and unjustified ... you dont know him at all.. so why do you automatically asume the worst

It was probably only humidity in the high 80's or 90's and the temperature cant possibly be hotter than what the recorded air temperature would be in the shade, even if you are in midday sun close to a surface that has been in full sun all day ;)

Next thing we will have lizards that bask in 50-60C as a regular thing inhabiting our land :lol:

yess nit picking is the best way to prove me wrong... im sorry 30 or 40 happy now...

so when you go to outback situations you just take a shirt do you... cause im sure most people have things with them when they go into the wild... like a parachute or a knife or flint...

i know i dont know him either ... but some one has to think the best when everyone else is being negative as all hell... what is wrong with thinking he is an amazing person... really, how many of you could do what he does...

and he does show how to make fire shelter food water everything ... as well as being entertaining he is also very factual and educational....

and as for killing mammals i know of one occasion in which he has killed a wild bore on his own

Alot of survival situations arnt planned for though. most situations people are in those situations they dont have that stuff. Thats why there in those situations.
Any man can grab a hunting knife and use it. I would much prefer to learn things like how indiginous people would survive.. Like shaping stones suchs as obsidian to use as a knife

as said he may not be in a life & death situation but hes tryin to show youwhat to do if you were alone in that jungle, desert etc and you are in a life or death situation
if you were out in the jungle and are starving to death and there is a lizard infront of you, would you let it be because it i s cruel to kill it

I would still complain if I didn't like reptiles, we're not all biased haha.

It's not informative. Everybody knows food comes from animals, everybody knows if you kill an animal you get food, everybody knows that you need food to survive.

Seriously, is common sense something we need to be taught by an up-himself TV entertainer?

The show wasn't made to inform, it wasn't made to tell us that we can kill things to eat, we already know that. It was made to entertain, to make money.

Yes people have agreed that if needed people would eat fauna, but hell everyone nows how to kill something, its in our nature to kill. We dont need to see it every episode over and over

i would still complain if i didn't like reptiles, we're not all biased haha.

It's not informative. Everybody knows food comes from animals, everybody knows if you kill an animal you get food, everybody knows that you need food to survive.

Seriously, is common sense something we need to be taught by an up-himself tv entertainer?

The show wasn't made to inform, it wasn't made to tell us that we can kill things to eat, we already know that. It was made to entertain, to make money.
mate nearly every show is made to entertain and make money

mate nearly every show is made to entertain and make money

Yes. But this one kills hundreds of harmless animals to entertain and make money.

I have a new idea for a show:

We show the public how to kill orangutans and cut down their trees to extract palm oil.

Or, a show where we teach how to hunt whales for food.

Maybe a show teaching the proper seal clubbing methods?

okay fair comment dantheman

i understand it is not life or death and he probably does have support, and i also understand he is not in a real life or death situation, but once again it is a simulation and he is often in very dangerous situation, and if he did things incorrectly he may as well die...
it seems to me too many of you are too quite to jump to conclusions that everything he does is fake, when really even if you dont agree with everything he does, some of the things he accomplishes are crazy...
and once again... if none of you can do it better then he can, what right do you have to tell him he is wrong and fake...
refering to naledge's comment about whales... that is taking it to an extreme and you know it...

I would still complain if I didn't like reptiles, we're not all biased haha.

Seriously, is common sense something we need to be taught by an up-himself TV entertainer?

Do you know where to find it? how to capture it? how to kill it? how to prepare it?
Not everyone was born with rose coloured glasses, some of us need to be taught these things. Therefore it is informative, educational & entertaining. JMO of course

Believing someone is incredible is a sensible thing to do? Why are you assuming the best when you haven't done the research? Everything you say can be directed back at you.

I am sure he could draw us a picture and tell us how to kill the animal for survival etc but would that be enough for us really? Would that give a 100% accurate account of the situation? I quite like the fact that I am getting video footage, a real life visual of it while being taught a lesson in survival. As a hunter this stuff is fascinating & educational to me. It will not go down well with everybody obviously but thats the nature of the beast. I have sat through videos of field dressing and learnign how to skin & gut game. That IMO is no different and is apart of live for many of society, as sad as that may seem to some.

I was brought up hunting, and have learned nothing from his videos to survive in the bush. My Dad/Granddad tought me everything I need to know to survive if lost in the bush, and I was aware of these things before heading out with a rifle slung over my shoulder. As stated earlier, his shows are purely entertainment for the uneducated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back