Beard colour change?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Hi,

today after giving one of my bearded dragons a bath, I noticed that some of his beard spikes were yellow. This is strange because I have had him just over a year and have never seen them that colour and am sure they were always white or grey. Is it possible for them to change colour as they age and is it possible more will turn yellow?

Thanks

I will try to upload some pics

yeah i had the same thing happen to my girl, her beard is usually white but last week it turned a redish colour and has stayed redish.
so i guess they can change. my girl is about 11 months old, how old is yours.

yeah i had the same thing happen to my girl, her beard is usually white but last week it turned a redish colour and has stayed redish.
so i guess they can change. my girl is about 11 months old, how old is yours.

Wow, thats interesting. Mine just turned 12 months and he is a male. I am sure that it was never this colour before

yep it happens. My Beardy changes colour all the time. Went super yellow yesterday, olive green today! I don't know why but it's cool :D

Bearded dragons don't tend to show their true colours a lot until they hit maturity. I have a yellow girl but for the most part she looks pretty drab. As she is getting older she is starting to show yellow more and more. My boy is lemon yellow and lavender but if you looked at him right now you'd say he was grey. They change colour dependent on mood, temperature and health as well. Here are some example photos, first 2 are my girl at 6 months old and about a month ago and my boy at various stages.:

Attachments

• GIRL PINK MARK.jpg
    GIRL PINK MARK.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 62
  • ghedsleepingweb.jpg
    ghedsleepingweb.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 63
  • ghedmacro1.jpg
    ghedmacro1.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAG0365.jpg
    IMAG0365.jpg