bearded dragon enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
matt and splatt both very nice enclosures,

splatt whats on the bottom of your tank?

Thanks,

I didnt want to use sand, as there are so many stories about impacted juvies,

didnt like the idea of paper etc.

I have used some broken ceramic floor tiles, with a similar coloured great in between to try to create the affect of cracking clay.

I have a foam base underneath so that it doesnt get too cold.

Its easy to clean, looks ok, and doesnt have the danger of loose substrate for juvs.

I can add sand onto later if needed when they get older, but also have another fake rock section to put in that will make a sand pit for them when they are old enough.

Maybe my dragon setup?

Hi there,

I am getting a baby bearded dragon in a few weeks and am still working on getting everything right.. I've got my lighting good now, so it's on to set-up.

I have 2 slate 'stairs' on the cool side, a basking branch in the middle (i recently got some bigger ones but i'm yet to disinfect them yet), and a climbing hill (made from an old turtle dock) on the warm side.

As far as substrate goes I plan on using either paper towel or reptile grass while Dragon is little and then sand when it's big enough..

Suggestions, queries, problems??

-Aimee. :)

Attachments

• IMAG0594.jpg
    IMAG0594.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 84
hey jack, thats pretty cool! yeah im in the same boat there.. tank is very nearly ready but no dragon or license yet lol...

Only problem Jack is that it's great for a juvi or hatchling, but when he gets big he'll squish it :lol:

ahh yes.. where are you exactly? Theres plenty of usuals down here in my neck of the woods but I haven't seen a SINGLE coloured baby in the month i've been looking.. there were a few half yellow phase's but they were at least 2 hours out.. :( I'm after a yellow, orange or red.. Or maybe white.. just not usual lol..

Only problem Jack is that it's great for a juvi or hatchling, but when he gets big he'll squish it :lol:

im hoping the render will hold strong, i think it will.

ahh yes.. where are you exactly? Theres plenty of usuals down here in my neck of the woods but I haven't seen a SINGLE coloured baby in the month i've been looking.. there were a few half yellow phase's but they were at least 2 hours out.. :( I'm after a yellow, orange or red.. Or maybe white.. just not usual lol..

yeh, im on the central coast NSW.

Hey Jack,

Lovin the new Background :D

Here's mine:

P1040391.jpgP1040392.jpg

I still need to get around to doing a background :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back