bearded dragon feeding and breeding?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrais

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've recently got 3 adult eastern bearded dragons off a guy hear in adelaide and was wondering if u could help me out on some things.

The female bearded dragon is eating so much at the moment! i gave her 10 crickets on the weekend, she ate all those, another 10, ate them too, another 10 and so on till she stopped eating at like 40 or around there. This morning i gave her her greens like bok choy, carrots, apple and she ate them all too. This has been going on for almost a week now. So i feed her crickets once a week and offer greens and fruits daily, is this too much? do u think i should slow down the feeding a bit? im also starting to think that she is pregnant as shes eating MASSIVE amounts and is basking constantly. its almost like she hasn't been feed for weeks on end! shes currently housed with another male indoors at the moment and the other male is living in the avairy (due to him and her hogging the food and the basking sites)
cheers
Andrea

Forgot to mention: Yes if some of u are wondering, the other male thats housed with her does get his fair share of food becasue he is feed outside of the enclosure just to make sure he gets enough of wht he wants to eat ;)

just quickly weighed her and shes around 210g's, but she feels alot heavier then that, the scales might be wrong :S
also i've just noticed that her belly is sagging down on one side, i gentally felt belly but i can't feel any eggs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back