Bearded dragon help please!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymeemccann

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello!
i own a 1 1/2 year old male eastern bearded dragon. i am quite worried about my dragon's behavior as i dont believe it is normal. :(
please leave your comments!

My dragon seems to only react to heat/ warmth or movement that he can sense or feel. its like he can not see anything moving and i have had to hand feed him crickets as he cannot catch them. he tries but misses 100 percent of the time. can my beardie be blind or is there something i am doing wrong?

i have also just recently purchased 2 female beardies and he has had no interaction what so ever. he closes his eyes alot too like more than a normal beardie.

if anyone could be just help me it or have any suggestions it would be great :)

keep the females away for a while. I have no idea what is wrong with him. Consult a vet

He could he be blind?..or at least have difficulties ins eeing.. vet time.;)

if before this he had no problems catching crix maybe an eye infection?? ask the vet

it could be a few diffrent things , as others have said an eye infection .
how old are the UV lights ? how far away are they from ground [ or the highest point the beardie can get to?] what rating are the UV lights ? 2.0 5.0 10.0 ect ect ?

it might be photo-ketro-conjunctivities my guys had it before it is to do with the uv light and causes temporal blindness they start closing thier eyes alot of the time and may stop eating if it is so you must move your uv a little further away and have a log or something where they can go up to the uv but also escape, if that is the case first switch off the uv light untill they recover (this may take a few days) then when it is moved higher switch it back on.

This problems arose when people were using reptapet sunplus tubes. Don't know if the problem has been fixed with their tubes. If you are using these tubes switch to another brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back