Bearded dragon help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaneSnakeBoy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
i got my bearded dragons a few days ago and we think they are 1 male and 1 female. The female is eating well (both cockroaches and tiny crickets) The male however, seems to not be eating at all. He is now half the size of his sister and very skinny. What should I do to help him?

possible you should separate them??? or feed them separately out of the cage...just some thoughts

I have separated them but he just sits still with his eyes closed and shows no interest at all in eating. I put the female back in hoping that her eating might encourage him - so far, no luck!

When I mist him lightly with water, he seems to perk up and actually moves to try and get the drops of water off the sides of the enclosure. Is it possible that he has not been drinking enough??

Ive giving him a bath and he has drunk soooo much water!! he is lookin alot better but still has not eating.......but maybe he has just had enough to drink and will eat soon!!

Yeah sound good.. ours always have a drink in the bath..

Also try puting a few dead crickets in a dish and leaving the room..

Our female only used to eat when she was not being watched.

DaneSnakeBoy said:
Ive giving him a bath and he has drunk soooo much water!! he is lookin alot better but still has not eating.......but maybe he has just had enough to drink and will eat soon!!

I have had similar problems in the past. Keep him hydrated as others have said. Other "tricks" that have worked for me are Ca Sandoz, probably one drop orally. Also adding a few folded sheets of newspaper to create more hiding space has also worked. Good luck :)

ive found with trouble ones not eating Or just dehydrated

Spray witha mix of water & gateraid Say a cap full of per 500mls water
The electrolytes in the gateraid re hydarte & stimulate eating . Its wat Ive found . hope this helps

Barney said:
ive found with trouble ones not eating Or just dehydrated

Spray witha mix of water & gateraid Say a cap full of per 500mls water
The electrolytes in the gateraid re hydarte & stimulate eating . Its wat Ive found . hope this helps

This is a serious question.... do they prefer a particular flavour from your experience?

hello all,

thank you all for being so helpfull and supportive,

but i am sorry to say that he past away this morning,
It may just of been that he did not have much of a chance from the start, he was the little one of the group not quite as fast not quite as strong ect ect ect,

Thank you all again

Cheers

Sorry to hear that hun - I hope that the place where you purchased them from helped you as best as they could?
In future, if you're lucky enough to go to the breeders house to pick your ones out yourself, always try to pick out the bigger, more active ones. You've got a much better chance of not having any problems with one like that Vs the quieter ones.
Good luck with your little girl
Bex ;)

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

(Make sure you let the breeder know what happend, cause it sounds like he may have been on the way out when you got him... - I know that wont bring him back but at least they might sort you out with another companion for your girl.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back