Bearded Dragon Help!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmissrazz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

Mojo my female eastern beardie has always had a kink in her tail about 5mm from the end of it which has never been a problem, she shed about 2 weeks ago and as always i checked her "kink" to make sure there was no shed left, everything looked ok till about a week later when the end of her tail looked dried out, i was bathing it in salty water just to ward off an infection. Today when i got home and did the normal Poop clean out of the enclosure i noticed that the dried out bit had fallen off!! I was a lil freaked out at first, but managed to calm down.
Is there anything i should be doing??

Thanks in advance guys

~Rach

Hi Rach,

If the area looks clean & dry then you have nothing to worry about.

If it looks infected, you should apply some betadine daily for at least 1 week. i'd probably go 10 days.

Can you post a pic, so we can get a better idea of the scale (excuse the pun) of her injury?

regards,
Lockie

I would guess the dried part was dead, and it just shed it off. If the end of the tail looks clean, and doesn't smell, I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep an eye out for any darkening of the scales around the wound, as thats a sign of infection and it will need antibiotics to prevent blood poisoning.

Ok it looks clean and smells fine, here are some crappy mobile phone pics lol

Attachments

• mojotail 1.jpg
    mojotail 1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 48
  • mojotail 2.jpg
    mojotail 2.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 48
  • mojotail 3.jpg
    mojotail 3.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 43
Status