Bearded dragon ID.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilerob

Reaction score
My wife has a pet Bredli, and whilst we dont know a lot about snakes, we have learnt a fair bit. But neither of us really know anything about lizards.
Then the other day we were out doing a bit of herping/photography mainly looking for snakes, when we found this bearded dragon sitting on a fencepost sunning itself. What a truly magnificent specimen of a reptile it is. I was fascinated by it, it was sooooo beautiful that it has sparked an interest in beardies for me. I wish we had a bigger house and could get a couple!!lol
Anyhow, can somebody please tell me exactly what kind of bearded dragon this is, or even if there are many different species of bearded dragon.
7233_154407188043_703223043_2667092_5125744_n.jpg

7233_154407753043_703223043_2667093_2639360_n.jpg

Also there isnt a lot of these things around here. We are in Wangaratta (N.E. Victoria) I have only seen this and one other in the last few years, and the other one was on a fencepost across the road from this spot this time last year!! Is it possible that its the same lizard we saw last spring?
Sorry about the questions, but this beautiful reptile really has got me intrigued.
Thanks.
Reptilerob.

That beardy is dark as hell, I've never seen one that black.
There are only a couple of species of bearded dragons (Eastern, Central and Pygmy are the most common, or the only ones, can't remember which it is)

I'm not sure on this, and probably wrong, but he looks eastern to me.

Definatly eastern and he is
missing a leg , could very well be the same one

Thanks kupper and naledge. SO its an eastern bearded dragon. That makes sense being that we live on the eastern side of the country!!!
How can you tell from that photo that its missing a leg?

LOL i think he is sitting on a strange angle with his back right leg just hanging there. Im pretty sure the leg is just bent up under his tail. I had a look at all of the other photos, theres about 20 of them, and he has both left legs on the post clearly visible, and the front right, but the back right is hanging!!!
Oh well...i guess he was comfy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back