Bearded Dragon With Floppy Jaw !?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReptileCove

Reaction score
Hey guys,
i was at my local pet shop and i was cleaning out the bearded dragons when i noticed that one of the three little guys was acting realy bitey. When i picked him up and handed him to my supervisor she told me that he had no bones in his bottom jaw..? she stuck he nail in the tip of his mouth and it was as if he couldnt close his jaw? has anyone heard of this before? or knows what causes it and if it can be fixed?? thanks for reading :)

Hard to tell without seeing if it is from an injury, but calcium deficiency in young dragons can cause them to have a soft jaw.

well i only go in on mondays and they hadn't had it long as it was just given to them by a man who couldnt keep it anymore. i was told that they were gunna pay special attention to it to make sure it eats. one of my first thoughts were calcium deficiency and like i said they haven't had it long so it could have been a past injury from previous owner..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back