Bearded dragons running across glass

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus_the_beardie

Reaction score
Hello all,

My beardies sometimes (at least daily) run at the front of their enclosure pushing at it (tyring to get out).

but im asking if this is normal?, they have a 4 foot tank and the room to run but the yallways run at the front with their head pushing glass.

i let them out for runs everyday.

thats just normal, mine do that all the time too...

really, they look a bit stupid doing it

so does urs go back and fourth pushing up at the front ?

funny they have enough room at the back of enclouser to run

yeah mine do it...not all the time but they do it often...for mine their perm enclosure is 4ft , but atm i have my python in there and the beardies are in a 7ft enclosure...i have to get a new lid for the 7ft so i had to swap em around for a lil whil...

My 5 year old Beardie does it too,

We even let him out into the lounge/dining room area and he goes straight for the sliding doors or the glass on the TV cabinet and does the same thing.

He is also outside every day in his new enclosure so it's not like he is looking for UV or anything :)

My bluei used to do that aswell.. Maybe they're just trying to climb a branch but as the glass is smooth they can't feel that they're not advancing anywhere? maybe...

mine do it as well when they see ankes moving on the other side of the room in there boxes they get all excited and try to run up the glass , it does look funny ............

my bluey try and get through the glass all the time, but then he gets over it , climbs onto his log and eyes it out lol

My Central Netted Dragons do that too, they pace along the glass trying to climb or get through it, even though their enclosue has adequate room and lots of dirt for digging, rocks and logs for climbing, stuff to eat, water to play in etc etc.

Its really funny though when my girl tries to bolt up the back wall of the tank - I have the rock-wall aquarium backing wallpaper on it and she thinks its real enough to climb up and dig under! She manages to balance right up on her tail and her little legs scuttle as fast as they can trying to get a grip up the rock(glass) wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back