bearded dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pando26

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a bearded dragon this weekend and was wondering which type is the most docile and easiest to handle?
I heard that the pygmys (pogona henrylawsoni) dont handle to well??

Central beardies are a great starter lizard and come in lovely colour morphs. Most handle well.

i would say centrals. but it all depends on the individual lizard...
my female is pretty chill, I can get her out and she'll just sit on me and stay there... yet, my male's a bit iffy sometimes... sometimes he'll be fine, and just sit and chill, and at other times he'll run around like a maniac and wont stay still.

Centrals has my vote.

My male, Lazy as all hell, will sit on my for hours..
My new femaly.. She is crazy aswell, and as said by ravan shes a MANIAC!

i have pygmys, i dont handle them they are too flighty and being as small as they are, i wouldn't find them if they did a runner in the house, so they have become my substitute fish, they're fed, cleaned and watched.

I would also vote centrals, though I have not had eastern, water or Pygmies.

My guys were fairly active when young, however the only time Bold moves now is to go and sit beside the dog in front of the heater when we let him out.

id vote for centrals too, theyre lovely critters!

mine are all ridiculously active these days, annoyingly so, haha, my 3 yr old male keeps trying to attack the fireplace,...realises hes not allowed, pretends hes given up, slowly walks behind me then bolts for it, hahaha!!

is it mating season by any chance? hes up and running non stop til like 10-11pm!!

Mating Season ?

Bolt is still brumating, (likes his sleep in), while Elvis is starting to get active & dominant, but still not eating alot.

lucky you!
mine musta been munching on insanity peppers then, lol, or licking toads,...hes headbobbing at everything whether it moves or not, maybe hes shaken something loose in there,....u know, got a few screws loose,...haha

Chris1,

Sounds like he might be a few scales short of a shed.

haha, tried to think of something funny back but failed miserably! :)
im a caffine hit short of a brain cell!! :p

What about Westerns can you keep them? Mine are so cute and are easy to handle, they seem to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back