Bearded or netted?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
beardy poo is disgusting, but beardies are awesome. :p

I owned Beardies for a few years, same as Netteds, I ended up selling the Beardies and keeping the Netteds (I will never sell my Netteds). The reason I sold the Beardies was, even though they are tamer when handled, I found all they do is sit around, eat heaps and poo just as much lol, the Netteds on the other hand eat and poo a lot less and are much more active - something which personally appeals to me much more.

ive never seen my netteds hide during the day. always running about and scratching the glass. how people can rather big things that sit on logs all day than them has me confused!!!!!!

i personally do not like netteds but they are great little lizards in there own way. I have owned them in the past and sold them all(best thing i did) and replaced them with some Hypsilurus boydii(best dragon ever) if i was u tell your mate to get Hypsilurus boydii if he wants something amazing

Last edited:
I too started out with bearded dragons but after discovering netteds have never looked back. Ok they may cost a bit more than beardies and not live as long but they have loads of personality and unlike beardies are active their whole lives. In groups of three or four they are very entertaining and most can be handled quite easily once they begin to trust you. I have found the best times to handle netteds to be immediately after feeding, and first thing in the morning just after the lights come on and they are still cold where they will happily sit in the palm of your hand to leach the heat out of you. Having said that, they can be handled other times as well provided they are in the mood for it and it’s always a good idea to do so in a quiet area away from distractions or anything they may perceive as a threat. In my experience even the more skittish and unpredictable ones usually calm down a lot after they are a year or so old.

i personally do not like netteds but they are great little lizards in there own way. I have owned them in the past and sold them all(best thing i did) and replaced them with some Hypsilurus boydii(best dragon ever) if i was u tell your mate to get Hypsilurus boydii if he wants something amazing

Boyds are not good for first timers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back