Beardie died today

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for your loss. Got a tear myself thinking about the poor little fella :cry:

terrible news mate, sorry for your loss...

that's really sad.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

RIP and may the others do well

It,s always sad to lose one of ya critters least you know, hes not in pain, sorry for your loss

Thanks for your replies and thoughts.Yeah he isn't in any pain anymore,the other two haven't been the same since,quieter and not running around as much,they know the other guy isn't in there and that is unusual.I have been watching them closely and bathed both this morning to make sure they poo(peace of mind that they don't have impaction)They didn't poo but one has just done a poo after basking so that is a relief,now just watching the other one to make sure it poos.fingers crossed and thanks again to all for your mails.We all have a common interest in our animals health and welfare.We will be burying the little guy shortly somewhere nice.

Cheers Frank

I know exactly how you feel mate, a couple of years ago my beardie died (the first beardie and reptile i'd ever owned), and i was still a kid at the time - didn't know enough about reptiles and what not. My beardie died from hind-leg-extention paralysis and it took about a week for him to die, was the sadest thing i've ever had to go through. I contacted an ex-melbourne zoo vet, i contact numerous reptile friends,took him to 3 vets, and in the end even got hold of some form of reptile oral steroids and what not off a highly knowledgable vet (friend of a friend) and just as i thought he might have had a miracle turn around he passed away. I did absolutely EVERYTHING to try save him - was pretty heart breaking but boy did i learn my lesson.

On the bright side, i learnt so much and just read everything and anything to figure out why, and after a while i got the confidence up to get another one and he is one of the healthiest beardies i've ever seen!

It's not hard to get attached to beardies with their wonderful characters.

Sorry for your loss.

sorry if im a bit late.. but sorry to hear bout ur loss!
ryan

Don't be too hard on yourself Frank- i do think it was impaction by what you describe i doubt its from the substrate as i can see you use carpet. It's sad but sometimes you need to lose animals too learn. Not every book or every keeper is going to be able to/or want to help.
Good luck with your other two.

Simone.

My bad, i forgot i was in a search when i clicked on this thread - thread grave dig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back