Beardie Eggs, Need Help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilleni

Reaction score
Hi People...

at around 5pm today i got a phone call to say there are little white things in the female beardie enclosure...

We have male and female Eastern Bearded dragons..

We finally worked out these were eggs, But didnt know how the came about...

They are in seperate tanks and have been since the female came out of brumation... they are around 2 yrs old so it is unlikely from retained sperm...

The thing is we dont know what the eggs are supposed to look like and i cant tell if they are fertile or not...

the look white but some have large patches of yellowy colour...

We got some vermiculite and put them in an esky with a heat cord covered with a bit of sand...

Can anyone help me out with recognising infertile eggs?

And any other pointers would be good...

Thanks.. Reed.

Could a mod please change the title to: Beardie eggs, Need Help!

Just realized shellshock is someones name, makes the title missleading..

Cheers.

Yellow coloration is genrally not a good sign, but you never know. make the vermiculite slightly moist not wet. If there infertile the yellow will increase and the eggs will solidify. Set at around 28-30c they should take around 55-60 days if there good.
They may have mated before brummation. hold a torch close to them in around two weeks, if they are fertile you should see veins inside.
Good luck. :)

Lol yeah like the pic, dont ya love how they wiggle wiggle the hips before each egg. :)

africancichlidau, Thanks very much mate..

SWMBO, That looks alot like my lizard but im afraid my egg dont look so good, Thanks for the pic.. helps for comparison..

Instar, Thanks heaps for the info mate... i'll keep em warm and see what happens.. probably no good though..

Thanks again guys...Reed.

Thanks SWMBO, some handy pics on that site..

But my eggs are no good by the looks.. seem to have more yellow on them today...

Is it to late in the year to try and mate them now???

Now that i am sure we got a male/female, and she can lay eggs, i wanna try and breed them...

Maybe next season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back