beardie help.... please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slamdd

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

just wondering if i may be able to get some pointers or tips as what to do with my little guys,

i moved house a week ago and ever since all they seem to do is hide in corners of the enclosure and under the news paper, my lil guys are about 10 - 12 weeks old, is this to early for them to go into bermation?

tank specs are, 3 foot tank, wood sides, glass front,
heat lamp, 3 foot uv, and blue globe
temps are 30 - 32 in heat lamp end and 18 - 20 in cool end,
substrate is news paper, feeding on crickets and greens,

when should i be giving them calcium powder and multi vitamins?

there about 20 cm head to tail, not sure on sex yet,
one of them is turning yellow when it is in the cold end of the tank and when its out its dark brown,

1 is a yellow phase and isnt eating much, stomach is very saggy,
the other is fat eats heaps, basks all day, swims in its water bowl, but last 2 days doesnt like being handles

any help would be great

Yes..too early for brumation
i dont brumateuntil fully grown in length!

temps at head height under heat light...should be 38-40*
23* at cool end......not under 20* at night for any youngster

a member said it best...(can remember who..sorry)
calcium on week days.....vitamins on week ends...for under 6 mnths

with any transportation any animal will be affected...
this is a easy way to help them
get a heavy blankets..old curtains..etc,& cover the front so you have access to the doors easily
with little motion seen out side the habitat by them
take hides away ...if you have them....
this will make them calmer...
week by week you can fold back the middle...its a curtain effect
just a few inches at a time

always feed dragons separately in a feeding tub...
get woodies...dust them well...as they all say."they love the white ones!"...(thanks Jas)
dont worry about greens so much
just make sure they are fresh daily

sounds like normal behavior after transporting....but watch temps!
when little dragons get sleepy...they dont wake up

just last week before the move they were all fine, eating well, there all growing so quick,
the temp in the hot end by the thermomotor is 30 so it may be warmer under the lamp,

ill get onto feeding them calcium and that this week

see it they pick up

thanks

also get a digital thermometer...correct reading helps ..especially within minutes...$15 generally
calcium& vitamins as stated will benefit them most

the curtain effect works on all reptiles in habitats
pm me any time

Hey, I own a adult beardie and a 6month, like dragon lady said the temps are way off for the basking spot. You should get a temp gun they work magic just point and it reads the surface temp which you need, give calcium WITH D3 5times a week for 1 feeding and multi vites twice a week 1 feeding, and they need white lights blue red etc can wake them if your using them for night and will make them not eat as much. And they shouldn't be housed together even if they are young they will start to fight and one will become the "king" and take the food basking spot etc, and the UVB light shouldn't be a coil it should be a tube either repti-SUN 5 or 10 or repti-GLO 8 or a mvb like a megaray t-rex or a powersun uv. Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back