beardie help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomc1992

Reaction score
curious on how long bearded dragons can safely go without food for?
iv been told ridiculously sounding things like
2 months and short times like 1-2 days not sure the exact lengh nor do i want to test it out with my own beardie.

I wouldent have a clue but why do you need to no are you planing on leaving him for a wile or just curious

P.S G'day Tom how's things mate

Lewy

Last brumation, my bf's two Lawsoni didn't eat for 5 months.

Reptiles will eat when they're hungry, though Ive been told for a baby beardie offer food every day, if they wont eat every day, then every 2nd day. It can vary from lizard to lizard, they all have their preferences. With J's two Lawsoni, Terra will eat every day for a week and then refuse to touch her food for a week, maybe only picking at one or two peas a day and then a week later will devour everything. Crash on the other hand will only eat every 2nd or 3rd day consistently.

You wont be risking anything by testing it out on your beardie, they know themselves better than you do. It also depends on the heat you have going on in their tank. For example, if I offer my bluey his fave food (blueberries) and its a cold day, he wont touch them. Leave them there and turn on his heat, they'll be gone in 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back