beardie help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah24

Reaction score
My beardie has a patch on one of his front legs that is a completely different colour to the rest of him. I don't know if it is just discolouration or if it is just a bit he needs to shed. I had a good look at it and it doesnt look like it would be shed off anytime soon because the area looks completely healthy. Then again, it must have only popped up recently because I just noticed it and I know it wasn't like that before.

Any Ideas???

Thanks, Sarah

could it have gotten close enough to the bask light to burn itself?
if it's a darker color could be a shedding thing, maybe a pic might help.

sorry i can't be more help.

its lighter than the rest of his body, he is yellow/orange phase and this is a weird grey colour. There is no way he can reach the light, it is too far above him, i will see what i can do about pics though (i'm not the most computer literate person but i'll see if i can figure it out :))

Sorry i couldn't get a clear picture...he is usually very placid and easily handled but he didn't was me touching hi today (strange??). I'll try and describe it though It is above his 'knee' and is a whitish/grey colour. On every other leg, the area is yellow...does this info help??

My yellow/orange guys go grey before they shed so that might be all it is.

from the sound i would say it's a piece not quite ready to come off my baby yellow has a similiar thing on the base of his tail.
i'd maybe give him a soak or a spray in some warm water might help loosen it up, are there rough items for him to rub up against if he feels like it it helps i hear.

Ok thanks...i'll keep an eye on it and hopefully thats all it is.
Thanks for your help :)

They don't often like you touching shedding skin, it tickles and if it isn't ready to come off, don't pick at it. I'd say just some skin getting ready to shed.

Other possibilities are a burn? or fungus? but i'm sure if it was anything but old skin it would be a little bit more obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back