Beardie hiber Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sobrien

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I need some help. I'm trying to make my beardie come out of Hibernation. He's been under his log a good two months and the temps have been around 32 in the hot end. He's just being really stubborn. The photoperiod is at about 11 hours on and still rising. Is there anything else i can do to make him come out of it? :? :?
Thanks in advance
Simon

Take the light cycle up to 12-13 hrs and maybe the heat too.
Just out of curiousity have you checked to see if he is still alive?I hope so.

if you can,position the log in a way that the light is going into it and like seth said move the temperature up.If this doesnt work in a week or so pull him out and see if hes ok.

Cheers guys,
I forgot to say that I wasn't finished warming yet and the let cycle wasn't at it's full amount yet. But i thought he'd be coming out by now. He's definatly not dead but it seems he just doesn't want to come out of hibernation.
Thanks again
Simon

Whats the rush....do you need to wake him up for breeding, my guys have been awake for a while but that is probably due to the fact that the male has been hassling them. Kinda like trying to get someone out of bed after a big night.
People talk alot about photo periods etc, but the animals know what time of year it is, wouldn't go bumping up the heat much more, if my guys are breeding at 30degrees, your beardie probably just isn't ready to come out and say hello yet.
meg

Just Leave him for a while until he's ready :) I've still got two guys that have been fast asleep since May, it's no biggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back