beardie roach comsumption

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
i have 5 hatchling beardies, how many roaches would they go through in a week?
John

hundreds! i would say about 150-250 a week give or take. I suggest you look at herpshop and start breeding them, but build a few tubs because you are going to need heaps.

twice a day, basically as much as they want to eat, give them some vegies before roaches so they don't fill up on d roaches

i would say several hundred each. if you feed them 10 twice a day thats 140 each lizard. they are easy to breed mine are just starting, i have abou 1500 baby baby roaches

Definatly breed woodies! I fed adlib, leaving a food source for the woodies in the tub/s. Much easier that way. You might separate them if possile to be sure each one is feeding well. :)

A friend of mine in Brisbane whe keeps and breeds beardies said the following greens/veges are good for them:

Buk Choy (finely shredded leaves) it's found near the lettuce section at Woolworths or Coles
Carrot (grated finely)
Yellow squash (grated finely)
Strawberies (finely chopped)
Banana (finely chopped)
Grapes (seedless and finely chopped)
Dandelion leaves (if you got some growing in the backyard)

She also said it's good to give each beardies a little soak in some room temp water every day or two.

spray regularly anyway, they dont tend to drink from still water much early on, but lap droplets. provide a shallow bowl always though. not too much bannana, i learnt it causes some runny poop, also has to much potassium apparently
:)

Never heard of it, please explain? I use reptical and herptivite :?

instar said:
Never heard of it, please explain? I use reptical and herptivite :?

Calcium sandoz is a liquid supplement which according to my vet is far supperior to anything else on the market. Thats all I know cos I only got some the other day :oops: Administered orally not on food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back