Beardie Vs Water dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryony

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Why beardie over water dragon
pros and cons?

You will be fine with either. As long as you research both of their needs you will be fine. Good Luck

if ya get a water dragon dont get a front opening vivaruim, they will jump out, they are really quick

The reason why I said the beardie might be better for a first timer is because generally they are more docile/friendlier. As this is not always the case, I would suggest handling them before you decide.

depends on size u want aswell... water dragons turn into big units and require a big enclosure with a water part for them to swim... beardies on the other hand r smaller n dont need as bigger cage or the water section... if u can afford the big cage i would go the water dragon tho...
nev

I have both species, and both are very different, if kept indoors Water dragons are higher maintainance (water requirements) and need alot more room. Its true that water dragons can be flighty if not handled from a young age and bearded dragon are usaully placid straight of the eggs. Both are usaully great feeder, easy to breed and produce lots of eggs.....if I was to pick between the two I coundn't both great animals but with different requirement which I am able to provide...the question is have you got the time and the correct requirements.

If im not wrong, Bryony has already got some water dragons.

Are you looking at getting some Beardies Bry?

My personal opinion is that beardies are the choice to make as they are very friendly and easy to maintain whereas waters need the water and they arent the best to handle either. And if you have a good healthy bunch of beardeds (like mine :) ), they are entertaining to watch for hours, funny and cheeky little critters. They have to be my favourite reptile by far.

So, for me, Beardeds all the way.

he he he he sorry guys this was from march when i was thinking about the choice.......i chose waters and am happy with them......but still want some beardies....and ackies and shingles and blueys and...................................................

When someone decides that water dragons are better than beardies, please give a yell :D I'd love to swap!

I would go Beardies as they are easier to handle, have less requirements and are great to watch at a young age. Don't get me wrong though, I love them both the same, its just that beardeds are easier. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back