beardie with sore leg

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lgcfhgrg

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone can help me out. We have a 3 year old central beardie. yesterday she laid a clutch of 14 eggs. the 2 days before that she wouldn't eat and was very restless in her cage but today she ate quite well, but while I was feeding her I noticed she couldn't use her front legs and was pushing herself around with her hind legs. I had her at the vet yesterday and checked her calcium and red blood cell count, both of which were good. she was also given some subcut fluids and some glucose. I would take her back to the vet but the only reptile vet in town is having chemo today and isn't at work so just wondering if anyone else had a problem like this? I don't know if it is related to laying the eggs or just a coinsidence it started today. any help is appreciated!!!

She could be a bit sore from the clutch-laying- I assume the vet checked up to make sure there are no remaining eggs inside her... ?

I would keep an eye on her for a couple of days...no doubt it's a strenuous process ! If she is eating well it's generally a good sign..make sure you vary that diet and give her lots of eating options for the next few days because herps lose a fair bit of nourishment and condition after laying ! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back