Beardies /// Netteds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincey

Reaction score
Okay. I had another thread which had this question as a reply. I figured i'd post it as a new thread to see if people would answer.

Could I house a western bearded dragon with a western netted dragon?

Would they fight or would they not care?

I should probably research it a bit more, but I'll ask anyway... they come from the same areas, but are there different temps and such that they both like to live in?

If you only know one of the temps, say it. Hopefully another will come up with the opposite and I can see how it goes. :)

best to ask one of the WA dealers, they will know alot more bout the western beardie then we will. I know the netteds are ok to mix with others just not sure bout the beardies

best to ask one of the WA dealers, they will know alot more bout the western beardie then we will. I know the netteds are ok to mix with others just not sure bout the beardies

I shall ask WA Dealers, if nobody here replies with suffice evidence on it being wrong or right here.

Just easier that way.

If in doubt keep them seperate, lizards of similar size can generally be kept together if given enough space however there is nothing to say they wont get along, particularly if they're both males. IMO just keep them seperate.

i wouldnt even keeps males of the same species together

Can netted's be "trained" to not be so scared/feel threatened?

As in: do they get used to you picking them up?

If they do, figured id get a set of them and do things like hand feed, and take out once a week and do so more and more, but slowly.

Yes or no?

i wouldnt even keeps males of the same species together
Yeah I stuffed that up :lol: You know what I mean ;)

Vince - the netteds I've kept hand feed but didn't like handling, although I didn't really handle them much anyway so I'm not sure if they'd get used to it or not.

thats an easy one to answer! netteds are fast breeding and short lived lizards, on average around 2-4 years (or so im told), beardies are much more robust, and easily outlive netteds, making for a long term healthy more robust pet.

netteds can reach over 10 years i beleive, i know of specimens around 7-8

I wouldnt suggest housing beardies together, their are so many stories of one taking a dominant role and threatening the others to the point of them not eating. Your best bet is just to house them seperatly.

netteds can reach over 10 years i beleive, i know of specimens around 7-8

REALLY?!?!?! wow! i must be misinformed, i have read online and been told by others in person they have a shorter life span like most of the smaller prolific breeding dragon species....

...thanks man, good to learn new things.

it depends how they are kept, females will have a short lifespan if you feed em up and breed them early then breed every year, breeding takes alot out of them, All depends on husbandry

I see.

I hope one doesn't take the dominant role. I think i'll go with 2 beardies. Male and Female. Is that the best combo for less fighting or what-not?

most of the time you will be buying hatchies so you will have no idea what sex they are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back