Beardies Vs Sand

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah a heat source above them such as a heat globe is better than a heat mat or heat rock, in fact heat rocks can be dangerous. Also mesh top with only be counter productive, as you will lose too much heat through there. But a couple of vents here and there is a good idea.

yea read bout the heatrock thing im jus holdin out till i make the enclosure got my money today so gonna get the mats n some new herps this wk hehe should be all good :)

yeh i use sand.. my mum bought (even tho i said not to) a 20kg bag from a petshop for...wait for it.....$50 AHHHH
i said to go to the sand and gravel place or the brickworks but noooo it HAD to be the special sand that has already been cleaned (palm hits face) 10 mins in the oven...duhh...
so yeh dont buy petshop sand, buy it from bunnings or a brick sand, heaps for cheaps, instead of next to nothing for the price of a hatchling beardie or bluey

well this is my plan atm 48"Lx18"Hx18"w add an extra 6" to hight for uv light and heat lamp, wire mesh??? for top of encloure then solid wood lid on hood covering lights ect,
glass front and thinking glass sides wooden frame and hood (pine or ply)??, 2" wide vents on ea side of enclosure and an extracter fan on cool side of the hood, 1x 20kg bunings sand, then most likely some of mangrove pc's from my old fishtanks undecided yet with waterfall on cool side????

what u all think wanna get the supplys tomorrow the front of enclosure will be hinged and split so opens in 2ft sections

ps. also wondering on plants any pretty ones to keep in there that they wont eat or do they eat the plants slow enough (if u keep em fed) that they still grow well. my girl LOVES n collects cacti, but i was thinking maby some african violets kept in potplants

Last edited:
The only plants i could recommend would be fake ones, beardies aren't the sharpest tools in the shed and you dont want them eating things they arnt ment to. My ones tried to eat bark the other day....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back