beardy/bluey fruit/veg

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

instar

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I would love a list of fruit/veg/and flowers edible to both lizards if possible, anything else you have found your lizards will eat. A good list could be added to the tips/caresheets section.
Apart from common fruits and alfalfa/bukchoy im finding mine a bit fussy, i like to give really good variety as "salad" (apart from insect feeds)
A good list would be easy to make enough sal;ad each week and store in fridge?
Any help appreciated, thanks. :D
particularly intrested in any flowers apart from dandelines are ok for both blueis and beardies, e.g rosepetals? clover? etc

She was a beardy Afro?

Thanks Fuscus, ive tried them they like em. :wink:

My blueys love a bit of chopped up Banana every now and then. I have also fed them peaches and nectarines that are a bit old instead of chucking the fruit out.

bearded dragons will eat clover leaves and possibly flowers. I have read that they can be fed rose petals. Also read they will eat basically any 'daisy' type flowers, especially yellow ones. It would be interesting to know if they can eat fireweed flowers, but I am not willing to try it!

Mine will only eat fruit. rarely do they take alfalfa snow pea shoots or any other green for that matter. Banana and Strawberries are right up there with mangos.

Thanks everyone, keep em coming please........... :D Are these foods good for blueis too?

For our blueys, we normally make up a mix of tinned dog food with grated carrot, brocolli, cauliflower and apple in it. When wild caught, they tend to eat more dog food than vegies, so we mix it up and make them eat both. We also feed watermelon, grapes, banana, mango, peaches and any other fruit we have left over that would otherwise get thrown out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back