Beardy Pix

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
What's wrong with beardies? Nuthin... here is my daughter's pride and joy. This is Phoenix..our little 12 month old beardy. She had a bit of upset stomach last week and prior. When I first got medicine I weighed her at 64g. Three weeks later she now weighs 78g and look at the pod belly on her. We cut her veges back to 2 days for a few weeks, she is now eating the dragon pellets her poops are still a little loose but she is looking much better.

I learnt a little something about crickets I thought I might share with other beardy owners and ask if the same would apply to all insects?

I have been reading my "Bearded Dragon Manual" right from page one and read that you should give your beardies only small or medium sized crickets - especially small and young beardies. Although they may be capable of downing the larger crickets the shells can get stuck inside your lizard and cause problems. And if you have lots of crix on hand and can be picky, catch freshly shed crix where they are softer and more manageable for them. So now my question comes in would the same apply to the likes of woodies? I let Phoenix gorge on the woodies and then the next day she went dark and hiding again. She is ok now, but I wonder if the larger woodies was too much for her.
P1060808-1.jpg

P1060806.jpg

P1060785-1.jpg

P1060783-1.jpg

P1060773.jpg

Last edited:
really, i always feed mine mediums cause the smalls never seem to fill them up, they go through 2 boxes a day of smalls

i give them a warm bath once a week will this help them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back