Beautiful places in Australia to live

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come to sydney!! Berowra: 30 mins from the beach, 30 min from the city, bush walks. And its really friendly, everyone knows everyone, cant even go to the shops without talking to 5 different people :)

Last edited:
Berowra, 30 mins to the city.....not even if you were in a v8 supercar with no traffic. By boat perhaps.

Berowra, 30 mins to the city.....not even if you were in a v8 supercar with no traffic. By boat perhaps.

I did take the estimate of 30 minutes with a grain of salt. ;) Berowra is lovely, but I fled Sydney nearly a decade ago - not going anywhere near it again if I can help it.

Just make sure you get rid of more people than you bring and you are welcome, anywhere in SE QLD is awesome.[/QUOTE
"SE QLD awesome.." Ha Ha Ha, lol.
I wouldn't board my dog ANYWHERE in SE QLD. If it wasn't for central and northern QLD this state would be a slum. Mackay is great for its aesthetic beauty and for the employment opportunities. I moved here 7 years ago from Vic. and have not looked back.

I wouldn't board my dog ANYWHERE in SE QLD. If it wasn't for central and northern QLD this state would be a slum. Mackay is great for its aesthetic beauty and for the employment opportunities. I moved here 7 years ago from Vic. and have not looked back.

Out of curiosity, what have you got against SE QLD?

Google maps, Berowra to Sydney city: 39 minutes...sorry if i got it 9 minutes wrong.

The best place I have ever lived was on the Western side of the Gulf of Carpentaria, I got to traverse in country that no human has ever set foot. I lived there for 5 years and feel like a piece of me has been missing ever since I left :-( The worst place I have ever lived was Bowen nth QLD nice beaches shame about the Biatch's(joking)the service from most business's was apalling. Others may find it great, I am glad you can drive around it to get to Townsville and further Nth! I loved Barcaldine and Cloncurry and Mt Isa mainly for the warmth of the people :) My parents had a Dairy farm at Eungella(near Mackay)and I used to adore riding through the mist most mornings on the Horse.So loved it for the scenery too. I do love here in the Wide Bay area, the people have been very friendly and I think the services are good(health system not so, but I think that is the same all over)I love the climate too :)

Last edited:
Port Douglas. Small village, close to rain forest and a fair bit of work. Or Julatten is superb, but have to be the rain forest side tho

jamberoo, north wollongong, Kiama, Berry

im in lismore, byronbay( a little pricy), alstonville, lismore, ballina, bangalow, there are lots of gorgeous places here and there are a fair few herpers in this area... i could never leave here for a city

My Aunt used to own a house on the beach in Ballina...was amazing...the backyard WAS the beach! (they're in a retirement home now!)

but watching the soldier crabs every morning/night was AMAZING.

...GOOOOOO BALLINA!

You should have a look in NSW the Wollondilly Shire, Picton, Wilton, that area, it`s only 30 mins from Wollongong and about a hour away from Sydney, but it`s all kind of bush around there.

I was about to say Melbourne, but you already live here :lol:

I've been thinking the same thing, but I'm too tied into staying a little closer to the city with work. I must say though, I get a little sick of looking at the nieghbours....I need more space! :)

A couple mates and I make a point of spending a couple days in Bright/Porepunkah during the inter-semester break. Absolutely love that town, always wanted to live in the forest/mountains. Decided I'm gonna live there eventually.

I have also heard that jobs are difficult to find in Cairns because it's a tourist town and tourism is really struggling at the moment.

Very true but I think it applies to all small and pretty places where most people dream to live. I like Cairns because it has all the city facilities, nice restaurants, 3 cinemas, shops, etc., and NO traffic compared to Sydney or Melbourne or even Brisbane. The surroundings are fantastic, anyone interested in nature finds this place a paradise. Lowland, highlands (you can drove to 1750m altitude on Mt. Lewis), all forest types, rivers and creeks draining to the Coral Sea as well those flowing into the Gulf of Carpentaria, it's all within very manageable distance.
But ...... the summers are hot and wet, a paradise for froggers. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back