Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rotty6

Reaction score
I have been breeding african cichlids (fish) for many years. I live in an apartment in surry hills near sydney central and was wanting to get into something with not quite as much work as running 6 fish tanks involves. Any suggestions on which reptiles to start with.

Welcome rotty6, i used to breed african cichlids as well,it's a great hobby but very time consuming when you have around 30 -40 tanks. Anyway enjoy the site and any of the Anteresia sp are great snakes, personally i would recommend a Murry Darling Carpet.

if u dont want a incubator i would start with something that has live born...

I spent over ten years breeding tropical fish. Reptiles are much, much less work :) I have (almost) not looked back since making the change :)

One of the Children's Pythons, or a Blue-tongued Lizard would be a good choice, but better than asking people what you should keep is looking at what's appropriate for a beginner and choosing what appeals most to you.

Hi rotti, welcome to the site.
As mentioned most reptiles are alot easier/less work to care for than fish(except turtles that are about the same)

Pythons are the easiest to keep, lizards genreally are a bit more work(they eat and crap more) but still easier to look after than fish IMO.

If you are after something to watch you cant go wrong with some pygmy goannas.

Hey Rotti welcome!! I myself have just started with reptiles... I have 2 bearded dragons and they are awesome!! Welcome once again!:D

, my first reptile was a turtle, its a good starter reptile and u already have fish tanks 4 it.. also diamonds are pretty cool snakes aswell

hmmm, mods might get me 4 bad advice... ignore that!
get a coastal, cant go wrong with a coastal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back