Bell's phase lacey (DUW)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice lacey mate, they are deffinetely on my hit list (maybe next year)
Does anyone know if its safe to house a pair of normal 1s and an extra female bells phase together?

Cheers,

Jason

This is Anna
anna.jpg

Beaut lacey, enjoy it whilst he is that small they dont stay like that for long....
hope it turns out to at least be slightly freindly for you, if it doesn't they can be a right pain in the **** (hence why they require a special permit in most states!!!) as I know from experience, here is my boy at 15mnths old and both together when they were about 8mnths old

Attachments

• P3270110.JPG
    P3270110.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 84
  • P3270256.JPG
    P3270256.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 80
pike1- looking good mate! look at the size of his nails....WOW!
freerider- great animals mate! are the gloves because of the claws? id assume he handles ok?

That's an awesome monitor you have there Jason, i'm very jealous! Congrats! :)

thanks mate!

i think all the congrats needs to go to DC for producing such fantastic animals!

You're not wrong mate, i hope he has some more stunners available in 12 months when i'll be in a position to get one myself. :D

G'day jason

beautiful lacey you've got there. I have a couple of normal (Sydney forms)

Just a word of warning, don't ever feed your lace monitors by hand. As far as I know you,ve used forceps and this is ok. I had some Storr's monitors and fed them by hand and if I didn't have food a big male would come to me and sometimes bite my finger, you don't want a large lacey biting you.

and btw, they grow to about 7 feet long and 5 x 4 m is a decent sized enclosure.

Good luck

Steve

Damn Jason, posting pics like those are soon going to mean I have no money......... again ; )
Congrats

dunno103-thanks for the advice! sounds obvious but hadnt really thought of that....lol. i will stick will long forceps for now and if she/he gets abit snappy for food ill just give a bowl (which is what i probably would have done in the future)

MrB- i hope he has some more aswell! im planning on keeping this one as a pet and getting a few more to one day hopefully attain a breeding pair out of it all!

wow freerider, nice laceys.
and nice enclosure!
can you post some more pics of the enclosure?

re Bell's

Spectacular colour the beels form jason,onley ever used to see wild ones,its good they are being produced,yeh dont get bitten.My male storrs bit me and held on and i had to nearly drown him under water before he would let go,and he was doing the croc roll thing.Most painful animal of any kind ive been bitten by so far:)

Thats got to be the best lacie I've ever seen, such large, clean white areas.

Well done Jason and Daniel!

Gee, I have never really wanted a monitor, but that is cooooool. And as my name is Lacey , I guess I should invest in one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back