best heat source for small incubator

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Dreaded_Pets

Reaction score
hi guys im about to start makeing my incubator next week and was wondering if a heatcord or heatlamps would be best for it it will be made out of 1" thick foam dimentions will be aprox 50cm X 30cm X 30cm

atm im planing on 3 shelves but useing a computer fan in top right and bottom left corners to help circulate the warm air,
useing a thermostat controling a heatcord (atm) or heatlamp if it would be better,
have a digital duel thermomoter/hydrometor comeing to help me keep an eye on things externally
the front door will have a 5mm thick sheet of glass covering 1/3 of the door to look inside
with a computer neon inside (external on/off switch) for viewing
shelves wil be made from painted 3mm mdf and 10mm chicken wire

this is going to be for my pygmy dragon eggs and should house upto 7 chinese take away containers

there still mateing on and off but the fem isnt gravid yet or atlest i cant notice any eggs in her by looking at her belly when i pick her up so no idea when the eggs will appear

cheers for any help

quick note i have spare computer powersuply and pc neon powerswitch ect, have the heatcord already, the foam, pritty much most of it just going to order the thermostat and thermometor/hydro this mon

Last edited:
Ive found that heatcord works the best. Combined with a small computer fan to blow the air around.

heat cord run evenly around the incubator (i use a little more on the bottom- heat rises), and i secure it with aluminium tape which you can get from jaycar. and a pulse proportional thermostat works well.

on an incubator that size i wouldn't bother with fans, they sometimes generate more heat.

Yeah don't bother with a fan,they all generate heat,even the small computer fans.

np thanks alot for the help guys how high a watage should i go on the cord i think mine is 15wt gotta check it (packed under the bed lol) or should i upgrade to a 25wt when i make my order on mon??

will skip the fans and just run the cord with thermostat, best spot for temp/hydro prob is in the middla back? or litterally the middle?

Ramsy i just tryed to squish your avatar hahahaha been awhile since i seen that 1 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back