Best type of bedding for a coastal carpet python.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeckMountIsa

Reaction score
Hey guy's I am wanting to know what is the best type of bedding for my 2 year old coastal carpet python. She likes aspen, I have had her on desert sand and she loved it but recently I changed it to bark and she seems to hate it because she doesnt like going into her hide as much. I live in darwin and have a hygrometer to measure the humidity but am concerned that she doesnt like the texture of the bark. What do you guys think? Any advice will be appreciated :)

I am using shredded coconut husk that comes in compressed bricks. Nice and soft, easy to spot clean and natural looking. My coastal loves it.

I can tell you now that your snake did not love the other substrates and I would urge you NOT to keep a coastal carpet on sand again, the fact that it isn't in it's hide will be from some other reason, heat ect.

I'd stick to aspen, hemp or kritters krumble if you don't want to use the best substrate (newspaper).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back