BestPhotoComp- Round 4 - DRAGONS - Part 2 - Entries and Poll

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zen

Here's the second batch of entries for BEST DRAGON PIC.

Austrelaps

97659austrelaps_(Small)-med.jpg

Beknluke

97659beknluke2.jpg

Garthnfay

97659garthnfay.jpg

Glimmerman

97659Glimmerman_-_ahd_male_head.jpg

Jessop

97659jessop_-_beardy_(Medium)_(Small)-med.jpg

Junglemad

97659Junglemad2_(Small)-med.jpg

Lizzgal

97659lizzgal2-med.jpg

Newtosnakes

97659newtosnakes2.jpg

Ninapeas

97659ninapeas2.jpg

Ouzo

97659ouzo2-med.jpg

Pike1

97659pike1_crop2-med.jpg

Pugsly

97659puglsy2-med.jpg

Rennie

97659Rennie2-med.gif

Rossagon

97659Rossagon2-med.jpg

Sammccarthy

97659Sammccarthy2-med.jpg

Saz

97659saz2-med.jpg

Sobrien

97659sobrien2-med.jpg

T X-III

97659tx-III2-med.jpg

Zen

97659zen2-med.jpg

Please feel free to post your comments here on what you voted for and why.

Gee, this ones hard, but its between the thorny devil, the first pic (Jacky?) and I like yours as well zen its beautifully coloured.

OK I've chosen austrelaps but I love that little red guy zen, I'm picking the thorny devil or angleheads as the favourites though.

had to go for sammacarthy's dinner time shot! they look so well mannered LOL! great pics everyone

awwww....i wish i could vote for all! Cute lil dragons...do any spit fire? :)

i want to get an eastern bearded dragon. Can anyone give me any pointers to take into account about keeping one? Would really appreciate it!

Cute lil dragons...do any spit fire?

lol, wish they could... i always lose my lighters and it'd be handy to pick up your dragon to light a smoke! :lol: Damn! where did i leave that lighter again! :wink:

Jordo wrote:-
Gee, this ones hard, but its between the thorny devil, the first pic (Jacky?) and I like yours as well zen its beautifully coloured....
...OK I've chosen austrelaps but I love that little red guy zen, I'm picking the thorny devil or angleheads as the favourites though.
Thanks Jordo, I'm glad you like my entry. It's a wild Mountain Dragon - Rankinia diemensis.
It's a male I think, based on the brighter colouration that males seem to have.
The cool thing about this shot was that I didn't even touch him. I just carefully crept up on him for that close-up. They make a great subject. In fact, I've taken many close-ups of this species without any contact whatsoever.

You're right Jordo, Austrelaps' pic is of a Jacky Lizard. He thought it was a male & I'm guessing male too. Hopefully Souly will be able to tell us 8)

Mindthesole, please don't hijack this thread :roll:. If you want husbandry advice please start your own thread.

The hardest thing with these photo comps is... Do you go for quality (as in pic detail), or do you go for situation/setting pics (could be a average picture but great timing eg. a good pose)? Wish i could vote for 'em all...

Jessop wrote:-
Do you go for quality (as in pic detail), or do you go for situation/setting pics (could be a average picture but great timing eg. a good pose)?
Good question Jessop.
Picture quality is definitely a big factor IMO. Afterall, it is best photo, though its tempting to go for best specimen. We're naturally attracted to a beautiful animal or an interesting or colourful species.
I think the technical & aesthetic aspects of the picture are fundamental.

Timing is critical in photography and capturing the right moment is a great skill.
Or a fluke :wink:

The cutesy factor is always popular and does well in these comps.
Though it's harder to make a reptile look cute than a kitten or puppy. :lol:

There's some great shots in this round. 8)
Dragons are expressive characters with great charm.
They make a great subject.

Thanks to all those that entered such terrific pics :D

Austrelaps' Jacky Lizard & Glimmerman's Anglehead are taking an early lead in the poll.
Closely followed by the Ouzo and Saz Angleheads.

This one's gonna be tight I reckon.

I'm tipping the Thorny Devil to take this one out though with a late charge. :lol:
I'm not a gambling man though. Honest I'm not.

By the way, place your bets with our booky Zulu whose doing a sweepstake. Zen at 20:1 is my tip. :wink:

Crikey, I did too! :shock:

Sorry about that :oops: I'll have to get a mod to fix it.
Shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers zen

No worries Mindthesole. Thanks.

we have to do a monitors photo comp next
Not sure what's happening for the next one at the moment, but I would have thought that you'd suggest Elapids.
You're right though, goannas would make a worthy subject for another photo comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back