BHP enclosure heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levold

Reaction score
So I have my BHP in a 120cm L X 60cm W X 60cm H melamine enclosure with 2 X 100W ceramics. I can get the temp to mid to low 30's fine.
Today I added another 120cmX60cmX60cm enclosure onto the side of it, and its connected via a 50cmX20cm hole cut in their ends and screwed together. SO now its 240cm X 60cm X 60cm. The heat lamps are toward the end where the join is.
Should I add a 3rd 100w ceramic to it or go for a heat mat/heat cord? (Current fittings have a 100W limit per socket.

Attachments

• 11 - 2.jpg
    11 - 2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMAG1268.jpg
    IMAG1268.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 120
Nice idea! Looks good.
In my opinion, it needs no more heating. With the two heat emitters and the lamp too the right of the cage, it looks to be at the max for heating. With 32 degree hot end, a 40 degree basking spot and with the extra part put into it, you want that to be as low temp as possible. 24 degrees or less.

Aslong as you have that all set up, it should be fine.

I hope this answers your question. I may have not understood 100% correctly.

No don't add another heat source.
Watch and you will see he will enjoy having the choice of a colder side to his enclosure.
Just add a hide to the cool side.

Okay, will keep it as is.
I Got worried as the thermostat said it was only 27 C in there, then i realized she was sitting on the probe and it got back up to 34 after she moved off of it.

Looks all good to me, the addition of such a nice sized cool area will be much appreciated!

Had a quick look and looks good... I couldn't see anything to stop the snake getting in contact with the light source though. Might want to add some mesh to stop him getting burnt.

Looks good mate :) No need to add an extra 100w ceramic. She will definately appreciate the large cool end this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back