BHP Growth

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schoona

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Have the "Snakekeeper" App and enjoy using it to "gauge" the progress.
Observing the other snakes for sale, appears my boy is very big.

He was born on November 27 2013.

I took delivery.
December 19 - 27.55 inches
January 18 2014 - 33.46 inches
February 12 - 41.33 inches (ie well over a metre)

Has anybody else bothered tracking the growth of their hatchies? (I'm sure it's like humans, a 6ft2 human is just as normal as a 5ft2, but just wondering)

A friend of mine has yearling diamonds and they are still smaller (and thinner) than my BHP (yes I know different species but there is a degree of relativity)

my2yvu9a.jpg
adysa2uj.jpg

This is my boy who was born late December and is now about 1.5m.

Bhp's are born way bigger than carpets and thus can consume bigger foods earlier and grow at a faster rate. As you said they are different species. It's comparing apples and oranges. Bhp's grow fast and get huge so expect further rapid growth in juvenile years.

I want a BHP next :(.
OT: Beautiful snakes. Interested in this snakekeeper app though. Checking it out now.

my2yvu9a.jpg
adysa2uj.jpg

This is my boy who was born late December and is now about 1.5m.

So there is a massive variation

Seeing couple of month old hatchies fs that are '50-60' cm, my boy is double that
, and yours is half mine again (in shorter time frame)

Bhp's are born way bigger than carpets and thus can consume bigger foods earlier and grow at a faster rate. As you said they are different species. It's comparing apples and oranges. Bhp's grow fast and get huge so expect further rapid growth in juvenile years.

Yeah a good points

Was just saying even though he is a bhp, he is 'only' 3 months old and in comparison to year old + diamonds I thought they would still be bigger by a fair way

So there is a massive variation

Seeing couple of month old hatchies fs that are '50-60' cm, my boy is double that
, and yours is half mine again (in shorter time frame)
Sorry , not last December the one before, I should have made myself clear. Just over a year old.

Not to nit-pick but more members will be able to relate to metric units

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snake keeper is a good app, I have it currently. Does everything I need it to, and I will certainly be diligently recording info on my soon to arrive hatchie. I believe one of the forums sponsors qr2id have a pretty awesome kit which tracks things a little more in depth and suited to people keeping track of lots of animals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All,

Have the "Snakekeeper" App and enjoy using it to "gauge" the progress.
Observing the other snakes for sale, appears my boy is very big.

He was born on November 27 2013.

I took delivery.
December 19 - 27.55 inches
January 18 2014 - 33.46 inches
February 12 - 41.33 inches (ie well over a metre)

Has anybody else bothered tracking the growth of their hatchies? (I'm sure it's like humans, a 6ft2 human is just as normal as a 5ft2, but just wondering)

A friend of mine has yearling diamonds and they are still smaller (and thinner) than my BHP (yes I know different species but there is a degree of relativity)

Metric measurements
699mm

849mm

1049mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back