Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer my bloke who has beautiful colours.
But I'm sure people will pay for the difference factor.
Good luck with getting offspring.

I cant believe I sold this pair of QLD BHPs,

The pair was sold to a friend about 12 months ago. The male (pic) was showing about 15-20 orange scales and I suggested it may turn calico, however I never expected this........

The female is now turning aswell...........I hate it when this happens

It's one of those things that happens and you kick yourself. However, if you kept the pair and they didn't turn Calico, This thread's title will read 'BHPs I should have should'
Anyway, it's always amazing to see Calicos in their changing process. Would you be able to update us on photos from time to time? and the female as well (If it wouldn't depress you too much... LOL)

regards,

CJ

Wow, I've never seen one that looks like that... bad luck mate!

What a totally different looking BHP,most calicos ive seen look nothing like that one.You may be able to get some offspring from ur mate..

That's out of this world Ben. If that was originally a Queenslander, what a transformation it must of went through!

That's some bad luck, atleast he shared the pics with you.;)..

Stunning looking animal too, I bet the new owner is stoked...

Hey i just got a BHP last week and noticed it has a few patches of orange scales on him!!!!! is there a high chance of him turning calico ?? he is 2 years old and about 5ft ???

cheers

I was sent some pics from my mate who I sold them to, guess he just wanted to rub it in a bit more.........

This is an update shot of the male alongside the female. The female is starting to show the odd scale here and there that appears to be changing aswell........

palm in face..........

Attachments

• bhp1.jpg
    bhp1.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 238
The avatar is appropriate lol.

At least you sold it to someone who looks after it well and keeps you updated :)

I would ask ya mate to stop sending pics, especially if the girl goes as well!

Hi Ben,
Like Den said you can't keep them all, but I bet now you wish you had of kept that one at least.
If I was the mate that bought it I would give you at no cost, the pick of the first clutch to show my apreciation & good luck.

Hope you at least kept mum & dad.

Cheers
Ian.

PS. Sorry mate I just see that you did not have mum & dad. Bad luck.

Last edited:
It's an abomination. I would have given it away... Ugly fricken animal!

Looks great. Really prehistoric looking! I like the body patterns of normal BHP's, but their heads are UGLY! I think BHP's and Woma's heads look like poop, but that ones head looks really cool....

more regrets, but it will certainly be interesting to see if the juvies carry the same genetics. On that note a juvie from the first season owned by another friend is now starting to turn calico at 3 years of age, so potentially it is heritable......

Attachments

• calico mating.jpg
    calico mating.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 145
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back