"BIG" surprise

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

After a couple of mates left this morning after coffee at 6.00 am l casually walked down to check the water levels in the incubation tubs, with the bredli's still to hatch, neither were due until the 14/02/12 but Brett's lot who is "yommy" on here well his lot had other ideas overnight with 11of 16 hatching.
As Brett is serving overseas atm these eggs were carried right across Brisbane and were already sunken badly so fingers were crossed and l have to day these babies are huge and very healthy
.....solar 17 (Baden) ps both mum and dad are hypos
6804246769_353cd4be07.jpg

Done well.Brett will be happy alright :)

I should have stayed longer, good work bud.

Last edited:
For those that asked these were incubated @31.1c or 88f the other point that l didn't mention was that l rigged up a vapour pump to spray indirectly (away from the eggs) every 12 hours for 2 seconds as you can see in the pic by the time the eggs got here they were "flat"in appearance so the above was used to try to hydrate them...maybe it was luck maybe it worked...just something l thought l would try
.........solar 17 (baden)

Hi Baden

WOW well done for 'saving' those eggs

This might be a silly question....youve got the eggs in a basket above water....and I see there are some gaps the babies can get through...you dont worry about the baby snakes making their way under the basket and drowing in the water....or are baby snakes too clever for that !

Elizabeth

Well done Baden.
I had a clutch of Coastal Carpet eggs hatch just the other day 12 out of 12 which surprised me somewhat as some were very bably sunken in & i gave them little hope. They all hatched by themselves with no problems.

I also use this same method of incubation & have found that after the snakes come out of the eggs, some do find thier way into the water, but this does not seem to cause a problem. They can swim & hold thier head afloat, i have not lost any to drowning as yet.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Baden

WOW well done for 'saving' those eggs

This might be a silly question....youve got the eggs in a basket above water....and I see there are some gaps the babies can get through...you dont worry about the baby snakes making their way under the basket and drowing in the water....or are baby snakes too clever for that !

Elizabeth
The water is only ever a mill deep,l have "never" had one get into any sot of trouble and they often get down into it (the water) even the wheaties never have a problem.
.......solar (baden)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back