Bird eating spider not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thegatti

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am a bit worried about my brothers bird eater as he doesn't seem to be eating at all. It has been more than a few weeks without food.

He used to be fed crickets, but those kept dying on me :( so I changed to woodies.
The other day, I found 3 adult woodies and babies in the spiders tank. I fed him a smaller woodie and i think he ate it but I'm not sure.
My question is : Could the woodies be too big for the spider? Do they eat woodies at all?

I know it's the middle of winter. Could that have anything to do with it? The bird eater is sitting on top of my heated fish tank at the moment and we have the fire on.

Sorry for the questions. I'm just worried.

Do you spray mist?
Mine unfortunately died of dehydration, i know they can not eat for a while but water is essential.

I always make sure he gets misted. It's my brother's spider but guess who has to make sure he stays alive?? lol
:lol:

Mine didn't eat for more than six months last year. Don't stress. Keep the misting up and make sure they have access to water and she will probably eat again when it warms back up.

Did you offer it a bird?

They are bird-eating spiders aren't they? Make sure the bird has been fed a nutritious diet and is wormed (try vetafarm bird wormer, 5 day course do it yourself to make sure)

I think you should feed it live unless you can trick the spider into thinking it is.

If it is a little spider try finch chicks.

I feed mine pinky mice and new born rats I have five very large ones and yes they moult when they grow but misting is the mist important thing as spiders can go a long whikle with our fooof but not water

Any idea what species or at least what genus? How big? Some of mine regulary go months without food so i wouldnt worry just yet. As said could be moult time

i think it could be north queensland but I can't be sure
He was walking around for a few days and now he is hiding between some bark.
Should I try feeding him again?

i think it could be north queensland but I can't be sure
He was walking around for a few days and now he is hiding between some bark.
Should I try feeding him again?

pretty much every t comes from north qld. Any chance of a pic and a pic of the setup? They can go for months without food in winter so no rush to get it feeding, could be preparing for a moult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back