Bird eating spiders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom$

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Could any one take the time to tell me every thing i need to know about keeping bird eating spiders ?

Sure can mate...
Most of the Aussie tarantulas you keep are obligate burrowers (someone correct me if I'm wrong) meaning they looove to dig!!!

Keep them in a decent sized terrarium, preferably with a well ventilated lid (the exoterra enclosures work, with the sliding wire screen lids), or use a fishtank and make your own screen lid (must be secured because they are strong and can push lids off)... Give them alot of substrate to burrow, a few hiding places, a water dish (basically opitonal).

Feeding is on crickets, depending upon the size of your tarantula, and mist them once a week (not actually them, but their enlclosure)

They are not to be handled, and can be very very agressive (have a reputation for it). Great pets but can get boring as they burrow and disappear for a long time and they don't eat all that much....

I currently have one (see 'My Ol' Gal' thread in Other Animals) and am looking to get more.

For a more extensive caresheet and a list of T's you can buy, try www.thegreenscorpion.com.au
Great site, and bylo is a great guy to deal with
Hope I helped

EDIT: here is a link to The Green Scorpion's caresheet on tarantulas. This is one of the best caresheets around that I've read

http://thegreenscorpion.com.au/showcon.toy?cid=44355

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back