Biting???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OliveJones

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We have had our olive python "Vadar" for 5 weeks now he is 8 months old and settled in so well, eating great, had his first shed and is a really placid snake. But the first week we got him he did bite us twice once on the chin and the other on my daughters hip. They were very small bites, but my question is when he did bite it was like in slow motion. He was so calm and just slowly opened his mouth and latched on!! Does anyone know why he would of done this because I thought if he was going to bite that he would of done it fast and aggressive!! I told my daughter it was a love bite, she's 7 and it didn't bother her but just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this also???

I had a young coastal that I was showing to friends, he was out and about on my arm, and then he opened his mouth and began to chow down on my pinkie finger!

He bit as hard as he could - I watched the whole thing. I didn't flinch, but it kind of made me think he was hungry... He did no constriction or anything... And he'd been calm and out for ages - So I made the assumption it was a food related bite.

One of my olives used to do the exact same thing, used to very gently open its mouth and softly bite my arm, just enough to draw blood, it would then release and move along my arm and do the same thing as if it was testing its surroundings.

It thankfully grew out of it.

Thanks guys......I dont think he was hungry cos he ate just 4 days before, but yeah maybe he was just checking us out!! He has not done it again but we haven't let him near our face, just in case he wants to taste us again!!!

My maccie used to do the same when he was tiny, but he would bump his nose against my finger then slowly latch on.

My yearling Bredli does this too, only occasionally though.... annoying little bugger :)

[video=youtube;v5fP8dBEoFo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5fP8dBEoFo[/video]

hahaha had too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back