bizare looking creature

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bundy

Reaction score
hey all i found this in my backyard one night its some sort of skink. judging from the picture i have found in the book "a complete guide to reptiles of australia" im thinking it is a Anomalopus leuckartii there was no common name for it. please feel free to correct me if im wrong as i would really like to find out more about these rather strange looking creatures.

wierd skink.jpg
wierd skink 2.jpg
wierd skink 3.jpg

well i was close, that was gonna be my second guess, what make this one different to the Anomalopus leuckartii ? they would still be sub-species of each other. it was really crazy when i came across it i thought it was a baby snake coz of the way it moved it really didnt use its limbs at all, just squirmed like a worm really. i got it from behind the drain pipe it decided to cram itself behind and yeah took a few photos. has anyone else seen this in their area, just wanting to know if they are common or whether i have come across something rarely seen?

'tiss a strange looking bugger. Looks like it would be great to scent pinkies with LOL.

'tiss a strange looking bugger. Looks like it would be great to scent pinkies with LOL.
im sure it would but its somewhere in my backyard again, safe and sound unless eaten by a bird

I've seen alot of those in my early herping days. We used to call them Three Toed Skinks.

Cheers Rossco.

Since you put a name to that one, I hope you dont mind me hijacking the thread with another bizzare herp I spotted holidaying on Corfu last year. A small lizard about 8 cm in length, very skittish hence the rushed blurry photo, my apologies. Its skin was translucent to the point you could make out the internal organs :shock:

seethru.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back