Black GTF?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dihsmaj

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, at a pet shop, I went to look at the reptiles and amphibians they had.
I saw they had a black Green Tree Frog. It's colour resembled liquorice, and it was next to a normal Green Tree Frog.
Would this be a skin disease, or just hypermelanism?

what pet shop is it and do you have there email and how much did thay want for it

cheers

Can you get pics? hypermelanism isnt unknown in amphibians so its possible

Sorry hornet, can't get pics. I have to go get a lot of stuff from Bunnings today, have to get new shoes tomorrow, and then on Friday I have to get school books.
Crikey, I'll PM it to you.

if you could pm me the shops details to mate that would be appreciated

my GTF tend to go a Dark Chocolate to Brown depending on what kind of background they are on .... they change colours alot

Frogs, it was a black background, also, it was with a normal green GTF.

Yeah my guess is it was just blending in, one of my GTF's goes blue from time to time. I have seen GTF's close to black at an aquarium store near here kinda like licorice they don't treat them right no UV so they aren't colourful.

just got an email from them its not hypermelanism its just a normal green tre frog thats changed its colour

sometimes tree frogs go dark browns to blacks if they are cold or stressed, but can also change their colour depending on their sorroundings like the background

They can go very dark and very light.

Here is a pic of some of mine, gives you an idea of the colour differences.

Attachments

• IMG_0509.jpg
    IMG_0509.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 173
What are you feeding yours meal worms??? Fairly fat GTF's. I love it.you should name them Buddha Jabba the hut and Peter Griffin.

Oh well,i thought i was onto something new..Another 12months wasted on what i thought were hyper Tree frogs,i was ready to retire also..I had everything in place to settle down and enjoy my life,now i hear there only normal GTF,that change colour..What next...

What are you feeding yours meal worms??? Fairly fat GTF's. I love it.you should name them Buddha Jabba the hut and Peter Griffin.

haha nah, they are lucky to get two adult woodies every two weeks. That is the build of them....like I say to people....have you ever seen a skinny hippo???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back