Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fine_jungles

Reaction score
what do adult blind snakes eat ?
can you keep blinds snakes?
any other info?

thanks

If they're blind, then they just use their heat sensing pits to see, like they would on a dark night.
I think.

Dragon1

I’m 99% sure my Bredli hatchling is blind but she gets around and feeds Perfectly fine

is that right???
i didnt think they had pits?
plus i think that they feed on invertebrates?
im not even sure that they r blind?

anyways i dont really know anyone wanna elaborate?

opps your not talking about actual vision in pared snakes I should have clicked - please ignore my comments -- forgive me its Friday !!! lol

I'm sure they only feed on ants, & you would be able to check the species lists for your state to see if you can keep them.

Apparently they are a boring snake to keep..There has been a few threads on blind-snakes perhaps try the search function? All I know is they let off a bad smell as a form of defense, they have no need for sight as they spend the majority of their lives underground & I think they ambush nests for insects?....Not sure if you are allowed to keep them?

i

Apparently they are a boring snake to keep..There has been a few threads on blind-snakes perhaps try the search function? All I know is they let off a bad smell as a form of defense, they have no need for sight as they spend the majority of their lives underground & I think they ambush nests for insects?....Not sure if you are allowed to keep them?
thanks itbites:)

Usually they eat children under 10. They breathe fire and roast their prey over smouldering embers with marshmallows, garlic and melange from their organic gardens.

You can keep them but they are telepathic and know when you're going to open their vaseline jars. Did I mention that you have to keep them in vaseline so they don't self immolate? Anyway, you need to keep at least 5 so they never know which jar you're going to open first at feeding time.

Of course if you're intelligent you'll ignore all the crap I just invented along with the other rubbish posts in this thread.

I will never understand why some people feel the necessity to comment on things they know nothing about.

what do adult blind snakes eat ?
can you keep blinds snakes?
any other info?

I don't think they are 100% blind, they have very small eyes. You'll find that they eat, small lizards, beatles.

Heres a link to a Reptile site, they sell Blind snakes, but I don't think they have any left at the moment.
www.ultimatereptiles.com.au

They have small eyes with very limited vision. They live mainly below ground so dont have much use for good eyesite. I have kept them before in captivity many many years ago. They are a bit hard to supply food for as they only eat ants, ant eggs , termites and termite eggs. I kept some for more than 2 years in captivity. Best kept in loose soil where they mainly remain buried beneath the surface.

Oh and id be very surprised if anyone sells them. Havnt heard of any1 breeding them in captivity. Iv never seen them advertised on that website Trouser_Snake6?????? Are u sure it was Blind Snakes they were selling on there?

if you coloud keep blinds snakes, the best par t would be the bandy bandy you also kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back