Bloodlines

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scale

Reaction score
Hi all, my son is getting a Jungle carpet (German bloodline).
In the UK this is classed as a good gene/bloodline to have, but does anybody know the history of the bloodline?
I am guessing that a breeder imported the original stock of wild caught snakes and has bred from them and sold the offspring on, is it as simple as that or is there more to it.
Cheers,
Paul

There have been no legal exports out of Australia for a long long time, so either it is a very old line or it stems from smuggled stock, either way your chances of accurately tracing the line back to wild caught stocks is next to nil.

There have been no legal exports out of Australia for a long long time, so either it is a very old line or it stems from smuggled stock, either way your chances of accurately tracing the line back to wild caught stocks is next to nil.

Not really trying to trace the bloodline but just understand the history.
So basically the German line is probably the last known pure blood stock to enter Europe from many moons ago.
I take it from your post that exports are no longer legal, do you know when was it stopped?

As this is principally as aussie site I doubt you will get too much info regarding the origins of the German lines, one of the international forums may shed more light.

In regards to when exports where stopped I'm guessing somewhere in the 70s? Though it may well be earlier and I'm not sure if they were ever even legal. One of the older members may be able to shed more light. Of course the international market is always getting drip fed with illegally smuggled animals of more recent origin.

Thanks for the info, I will try on a euro forum to see if more info is available.
Cheers,
Paul

Not sure if this will help or is relevant bt they use the "German Bred" tag on some with too. It has become a way to grab money. My guess is its a similar thing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back